Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Greensboro, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Group Interview. I was interviewed with a group three people, including myself. Very casual and laid back. Most the questions were very basic (ex. tell me about yourself, what kind of work are you looking to do with us, etc.) I would recommend dressing up for the interview and going a few minutes early to scope out the store so you know some of the products more. Also, this helps you to find a product that you can sell them when they ask you to pick an item in the store to sell.

Interview Questions

• If you could sell me one item in the store, what would it be?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Columbia, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great and it was short. It was a group interview along with 3 other candidates and we met with the Store Manager and the newly hired Co-Manager. The interview lasted an hour. You were informed that you would be contacted by phone if you were hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Williams Sonoma?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

A group of about 7 met with the assistant manager to be walked through hypothetical on the job scenarios. She asked us what kind of experience we had, what position we felt suited for, how well we can handle stressful situations and our definitions of customer service. I felt it was an effective mode of interview, however uncomfortable to feel as if fighting for your voice to be heard in the crowd. 3 of us were hired from a group of 7.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst and best customer service experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was, at first, a group interview with two other people. Then we broke up into one-on-one interviews. I was promised a call within the next week, but didn't receive a call for almost three.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with multiple customers pulling at you from many directions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Mateo, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Mateo, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

I walked in at my local store and asked for an application. I filled one out, got called back a couple days later, and came back to sit down with the manager to chat. She told me the basic logistics of being a seasonal sales associate, and promptly answered all my questions. At the end of the interview, she let me know that I had an offer and that I had the next few days to decide to take it or not.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westfield, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Westfield, NJ) in November 2014.

Interview

Interview lasted about ten minutes. The Assistant Manager didn't seem to know how to conduct an interview. I wasn't questioned about my past experience working for W-S, my approach to customer sales, how I maximize sales, etc.

Interview Questions

• The application form included a request for "desired salary". I indicated $10/hr given my extensive experience in retail sales. I was very disappointed to hear the manager say that the most she could pay me was $9/hr. W-S is a high end kitchenwares company and the store I interviewed at i one of the most profitable in the company. W-S can afford to pay sales associates (seasonal and year round) at least $10/hr. It shows how little they value their hard working staff members.   1 Answer

$9/hr was unacceptable given my extensive retail experience and from this luxury-brand company.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Diego, CA) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied in-store in late October, which is when they hire a lot of temporary employees for the holiday rush. They had a stack of applications outside their door with a list of available positions (Stock, Giftwrap, Cashier, Sales, etc). When I handed my application to the shift manager she scheduled me for a group interview that took place a few days later. I didn't even submit a resume. Our interview group was about 6-7 people; we each took turns going around in a circle answering interview questions. The process took about an hour. At the end we each had to pick an item and try to sell it in a roleplaying type scenario. Try to come early so you can scope out an item in advance and a few matching accessories to sell with it. It was a fairly casual and laid-back interview, business casual dress code, not too strenuous, but not too competitive/lucrative, either---what you'd expect of a low-wage, seasonal gig that ends in January.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider your biggest accomplishment in your current/past job?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you handled a difficult customer in the past.   Answer Question
    • Name a place you think has excellent customer service and why.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Las Vegas, NV) in September 2014.

Interview

Everything was able to be done same day. Application then came back for computer test then scheduled interview. At end of interview was immediately informed i would move forward and the whole process went smooth.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had difficult customer where you had to get approval from a superior to assist customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

*Very* low-key, easy group interview. The manager leading it spent most of the time explaining the on-boarding process, listing the positions they were filling, and roughly describing what to expect as a seasonal employee.

The whole process was super fast and easy. I filled out an application on a Thursday, got a call the same day inviting me to the interview the next evening, got an offer on Sunday, and went to the (paid) on-boarding session on Wednesday.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application after going into the store. They told me to come to a group interview the following week and I did. Got a call a few days later and an offer. Went back in and filled out paperwork and watched training video.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a bad customer experience in the past?   Answer Question