Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

1.8

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was quite brief. Interviewer stressed the high end nature of the products and the high end clientele that visit the store. Thus, dress code was highly stressed and assurance of in depth training on these high end products were promised. Assurance that communication was important to the company and that scheduling was done in advance for every following two weeks. Lo and behold, nothing mentioned in the interview aside from the high-end products and clientele proved to be true. Work attire was casual. Training was abysmal, and you were left to your own devices, constantly excusing yourself from a customer to ask a manager the same question the customer asked you. Trying to get a schedule from managers was a needlessly slow process, done last minute, week by week. Interviewer failed to mention parking for employees is forbidden on the weekends, a certainly important factor to mention to someone who gave weekend availability and said they were commuting by car.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Group interview with lots of questions about past customer service and how you would deal with customer service problems that come up. Everyone has turns but you will not know if you will be called on to answer the question first or last which can be challenging because you do not want to repeat the same answer. Quick overview of what you will be doing at end.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

A group of about 7 met with the assistant manager to be walked through hypothetical on the job scenarios. She asked us what kind of experience we had, what position we felt suited for, how well we can handle stressful situations and our definitions of customer service. I felt it was an effective mode of interview, however uncomfortable to feel as if fighting for your voice to be heard in the crowd. 3 of us were hired from a group of 7.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst and best customer service experiences?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2011.

Interview

Referral by a friend. Dropped off completed application and then got a call couple days later for a group interview. 8 people in group interview. Got a call couple days later with job offer.

Interview Questions

• Interview held in store stockroom. Asked to go pick an item for the stockroom and then sell it.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiaton phase

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process was good, but misleading. I was not told many things such as I would be required to work on call. Once hired, I and the other seasonal were given NO training. However we were constantly berated by one operations manager who although very nice should never have been put in that role. Too insecure.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2011.

Interview

Very easy to get in so long as you know the history of the company, have a pleasant phone voice, and know good customer service skills.

* Make sure you know why you want to work there.
    * Make sure you know the company history.
    * Make sure you can tell about a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
    * Make sure you can tell about a time when you calmly handled an escalated issue.
    * Make sure you can provide an example of working on a team.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself (not hard).   1 Answer
    • Make sure you know Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, and are very good with toggling internet windows on Explorer. You need to know how to shop online and how to navigate online shopping cards.

MS Excel - make sure you know how to enter data into cells, change fonts, change colors, and sort in ascending or descending order.
      MS Word - ensure you know how to type and write a letter with good grammar, spelling, etc.
      Answer Question

Negotiation

Hours and pay are non-negotiable.

Anonymous Employee in Schaumburg, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Schaumburg, IL) in October 2008.

Interview

Interview was held in the mall, sitting on a bench. General questions about reason for wanting to work at Williams-Sonoma, Looking for great customer service.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Deer Park, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Completed an application, followed up with an in-person interview with the store manager. Was asked to provide my level of familiarity with cooking and specific lines of cookware. Also reviewed store policies for returning merchandise, and how I would handle those types of situations.

Interview Questions

• Working with difficult customers, honesty, propensity to sell. Also reviewed store policies for returning merchandise, and how I would handle those types of situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Columbia, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great and it was short. It was a group interview along with 3 other candidates and we met with the Store Manager and the newly hired Co-Manager. The interview lasted an hour. You were informed that you would be contacted by phone if you were hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Williams Sonoma?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Greensboro, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Group Interview. I was interviewed with a group three people, including myself. Very casual and laid back. Most the questions were very basic (ex. tell me about yourself, what kind of work are you looking to do with us, etc.) I would recommend dressing up for the interview and going a few minutes early to scope out the store so you know some of the products more. Also, this helps you to find a product that you can sell them when they ask you to pick an item in the store to sell.

Interview Questions

• If you could sell me one item in the store, what would it be?   1 Answer