Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

1.8

32 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Interview was quite brief. Interviewer stressed the high end nature of the products and the high end clientele that visit the store. Thus, dress code was highly stressed and assurance of in depth training on these high end products were promised. Assurance that communication was important to the company and that scheduling was done in advance for every following two weeks. Lo and behold, nothing mentioned in the interview aside from the high-end products and clientele proved to be true. Work attire was casual. Training was abysmal, and you were left to your own devices, constantly excusing yourself from a customer to ask a manager the same question the customer asked you. Trying to get a schedule from managers was a needlessly slow process, done last minute, week by week. Interviewer failed to mention parking for employees is forbidden on the weekends, a certainly important factor to mention to someone who gave weekend availability and said they were commuting by car.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Anonymous Employee in Deer Park, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Deer Park, IL) in October 2012.

Interview

Completed an application, followed up with an in-person interview with the store manager. Was asked to provide my level of familiarity with cooking and specific lines of cookware. Also reviewed store policies for returning merchandise, and how I would handle those types of situations.

Interview Questions

• Working with difficult customers, honesty, propensity to sell. Also reviewed store policies for returning merchandise, and how I would handle those types of situations   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Palo Alto, CA) in September 2012.

Interview

Group interview with lots of questions about past customer service and how you would deal with customer service problems that come up. Everyone has turns but you will not know if you will be called on to answer the question first or last which can be challenging because you do not want to repeat the same answer. Quick overview of what you will be doing at end.

Interview Questions

• How do you describe customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (New York, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

There was, at first, a group interview with two other people. Then we broke up into one-on-one interviews. I was promised a call within the next week, but didn't receive a call for almost three.

Interview Questions

• How will you deal with multiple customers pulling at you from many directions?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Atlanta, GA) in September 2014.

Interview

I filled out an application after going into the store. They told me to come to a group interview the following week and I did. Got a call a few days later and an offer. Went back in and filled out paperwork and watched training video.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a bad customer experience in the past?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Columbia, MD) in October 2015.

Interview

The interview process was great and it was short. It was a group interview along with 3 other candidates and we met with the Store Manager and the newly hired Co-Manager. The interview lasted an hour. You were informed that you would be contacted by phone if you were hired.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Williams Sonoma?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Atlanta, GA) in October 2015.

Interview

A group of about 7 met with the assistant manager to be walked through hypothetical on the job scenarios. She asked us what kind of experience we had, what position we felt suited for, how well we can handle stressful situations and our definitions of customer service. I felt it was an effective mode of interview, however uncomfortable to feel as if fighting for your voice to be heard in the crowd. 3 of us were hired from a group of 7.

Interview Questions

• What was your worst and best customer service experiences?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Greensboro, NC) in November 2015.

Interview

Group Interview. I was interviewed with a group three people, including myself. Very casual and laid back. Most the questions were very basic (ex. tell me about yourself, what kind of work are you looking to do with us, etc.) I would recommend dressing up for the interview and going a few minutes early to scope out the store so you know some of the products more. Also, this helps you to find a product that you can sell them when they ask you to pick an item in the store to sell.

Interview Questions

• If you could sell me one item in the store, what would it be?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Marietta, GA) in October 2012.

Interview

I walked from store to store at the Avenues at East Cobb filling out applications at stores I liked to shop at as I knew their inventory the best and would be able to learn the others fairly easily. The interview process was easy and painless. The manager was friendly and the conversation flowed. I had extensive retail experience and a friendly disposition.

Interview Questions

• Give me an instance where you had to diffuse a situation.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

*Very* low-key, easy group interview. The manager leading it spent most of the time explaining the on-boarding process, listing the positions they were filling, and roughly describing what to expect as a seasonal employee.

The whole process was super fast and easy. I filled out an application on a Thursday, got a call the same day inviting me to the interview the next evening, got an offer on Sunday, and went to the (paid) on-boarding session on Wednesday.