Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams-Sonoma Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jan 9, 2017

1.8

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Newark, NJ).

Interview

Received a phone call to come in for a 'group interview' after dropping off my resume to Manager's attention in-store. Only very few of us showed up for a group interview of what was to be eight other people. This should have been my first red flag of things to come. Interview lasted about 60 minutes, we were told that if we didn't hear back by 'x' date, good luck on your future endeavours.

Interview Questions

• Asked to go back into store and pull out our favorite WS product and give a 'Show & Tell' presentation about its features and benefits. Asked what other products we would sell along with this product.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation, was told what hourly rate was offered.

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in November 2013.

Interview

Easy, fun group interview. Not stressful. Truly pleasant.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation as it was seasonal

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

I submitted my application in person and called back to follow up, had a group interview and I though it went really well, but I never heard back from them.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2013.

Interview

Response to Craigslist. Open evening of interviews. Group interviews consisting of five people max. Interviewer looked at how we interacted with each other and were able to answer two very simple questions coherently and had good interpersonal skills. Standard paperwork. You get paid to complete paperwork once hired which was nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you felt you had gone beyond what was expected of you in the work place, or that you felt really proud of what you had accomplished.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Durham, NC) in October 2013.

Interview

Quick communication and response. Be upbeat and positive. Have resume and references available. Once offered paperwork was extensive. It helps to be a foodie and know how to cook. Be prepared that scheduling is all over the place so be specific about hours work.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Marietta, GA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Marietta, GA) in October 2013.

Interview

Go into the store you would like to work in and ask for an application. Complete and return to store manager. The manager will call if a position needs to be filled and an interview will be set up. As long as your willing to learn, on time for shifts and accept pay, you will be hired.

Interview Questions

• The pay is low, I was expecting a bit more for the position at this company, so when asked if the pay was acceptable I found the reality of it shocking.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There isn't a negotiation.

Anonymous Employee in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Las Vegas, NV) in August 2013.

Interview

The hiring & interview process were interesting. I recommend you send a resume' in PDF format, with your application. When you are called, be on time. Dress nice, but not like you're going to a ball. Know how to type, and follow written instructions. Understand how to treat a customer. You'll be hired.

Interview Questions

• The questions are scenarios, and asked by a computer, so there's nothing to be nervous about. Remember the customer is always considered right, unless he/she is simply misinformed. The answers to the questions are common sense.   1 Answer

Negotiation

It was wonderfully simple. I was taken into an office where a very nice lady told me the days/hours I'd be working and that I'd be getting a 40% discount on most products. (I was impressed until I saw how expensive everything was).

Anonymous Employee in Manhattan Beach, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Manhattan Beach, CA).

Interview

After turning in my application and resume, I was called to schedule and interview. It turned out to be a group interview (because they were hiring many people for the season) and asked typical customer service and retail questions. Also, a brief background on the duties a sales associates

Interview Questions

• Some of the questions were situational: How would you handle a difficult customer?...etc.

Others were: How do you define excellent customer service?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Austin, TX) in October 2012.

Interview

I applied mid-October and understand it is a very busy hiring season. The HR person had to hire 50 people for the season, so the process seemed a little chaotic. I was called a few days after submitting my application and scheduled for an interview the following day. However, the HR person called in sick and did not inform the staff when I arrived 10 minutes early for my appointment. It took a week for them to schedule another interview, which lasted about 15 minutes. Despite the high volume of applicants, my call was often answered or returned promptly and the HR person was always very friendly. At the end of my interview, she asked for 2 references (professional preferred) to call her. They are too busy to track down references. They have a form from which to ask the references questions about you.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a challenging situation in the company you last worked at and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Immediately after my references called, the HR person called me with an offer. It is minimum wage because I applied only for a temporary seasonal position. I was told seasonal cashiers, gift wrappers and sales associates are paid the same, with no commissions for sales. The discount benefit was very generous and includes all of the store's other brands.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2012.

Interview

Interview process was good, but misleading. I was not told many things such as I would be required to work on call. Once hired, I and the other seasonal were given NO training. However we were constantly berated by one operations manager who although very nice should never have been put in that role. Too insecure.