Williams-Sonoma Stock Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Williams-Sonoma Stock Associate Interview Questions

2.0

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

I applied for this position via referral. The interview was casual and lasted for about 20 minutes, consisting of an explanation of the job requirements as well as questions about my qualifications and personality. The second part involved a short tour of the store. Afterwards, he hired me on the spot for a more-involved (i.e. critical thinking required) stock associate position. Overall, it was a very easy and smooth process.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Williams-Sonoma

Anonymous Employee in Tysons Corner, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Tysons Corner, VA) in May 2014.

Interview

it was a one on one interview. The manager asked about my experience and how I dealt with certain situations. I told the manager about how I had to deal with a parent who was upset about their child not getting enough playing time.

Interview Questions

• Give me an example of a difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

I applied in-person by walking in to the store. A very sweet and helpful sales associate talked with me and called a manager out, where I was handed an application. After filling it in, I dropped it off and left. I was called back a few days later to come in for an interview with the store manager. The interview was fairly basic. I was then called back a day later and offered the position.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I negotiated a $1 per hour increase due to having a Bachelor's degree.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma.

Interview

They hire everyone that applies for seasonal employment. The have a mass interview to eliminate the obvious, then hire all the rest.

Negotiation

none, take it or leave it.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in September 2013.

Interview

worked for temp and was hired permaently.

Anonymous Employee in Wichita, KS

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Wichita, KS) in October 2012.

Interview

The interview process is very lengthy. I had one phone interview, a group interview and another one-on-one interview. They asked basic questions about customer service, my expectations/hopes and relevant work history.

Interview Questions

• What was the most challenging situation you experienced with a customer?   Answer Question

Negotiation

none

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (San Francisco, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

this was a very basic interview. There was a group of people, and the manager just asked each person a set amount of questions regrading past work, and interest in their company

Anonymous Employee in Short Hills, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma (Short Hills, NJ) in August 2011.

Interview

Stock supervisor interviewed me and gave me a quick tour of the store. Explained the position and the pay. Introduced me to a few other employees. This was a few years ago but not sure if I had to take a drug test, but I do recall a new employee telling me he had to take one.

Interview Questions

• Availability questions and what they needed, my experience in stock, and what my FT / Career was.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I had done my research prior to applying / interview. The store was near my home and work. Very convenient for me.

Stock Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Williams-Sonoma in October 2009.

Interview

Filled out application. Reviewed resume. Talked about strenghts and weaknesses.

Interview Questions

• What do you feel is the most important aspect of retail sales.   1 Answer