Williams Interview Questions in Tulsa, OK | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 15, 2016

3.1

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in November 2015.

Interview

They use an online interview software, where you record yourself answering a few questions. There are three tries for about ten questions. Once you have submitted this, it could take up to a month to hear back. After the recorded interview, they did a phone interview. Very low key, mainly behavioral questions. Safety is one of William's key values. If the interviewer does not mention safety, I am sure they would be impressed if you brought it up. The interesting thing about the interview process for interns is that they do a general intern interview. Typically the people that conduct your interview will not be your manager. Williams hires on a large group of interns and then sends a questionnaire after you are hired to help select your placement.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in February 2014.

Interview

Phone Call and In-Person Interview

This was for the Business Analyst (Professional Development) Program.

The Phone Interview was easy. They basically said you didn't need to know anything about the industry. They were looking for recent graduates who wanted to learn about the industry. A day later, I got a phone call for me to come to an in-person interview. I was out of state, so they did provide travel for me to interview. When I got there, it was like 5 hours of interviews. The interviews went great. Then at the end, you had to do a team presentation with the other candidates for the position. The presentation was on the Oil Industry. So there were 1 or 2 guys in the group that knew A LOT about the Oil Industry because they previously did internships with the company or had a lot of knowledge about the industry. At the end, they were the ones that job the job. Waste of time.

Also, Williams says you have opportunity to travel to other states like PA or TX if you get the job. You don't. Mainly all the Business-Related positions are at the Corporate Office in Tulsa. Expect to spend the rest of your life in Tulsa. Everyone there who I interviewed with had been working with Williams for 15-20+ years.

Interview Questions

• Team Presentation with other candidates for the job: Explain about the Oil Industry and why Natural Gas is better?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in December 2012.

Interview

It took a while to get it scheduled. The group was newly formed so getting the interview organized took some time. Once the interview was over it took another 4 weeks to get the offer.

IT Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in April 2012.

Interview

I was first required to submit an application online along with my resume. I then spoke with someone from HR who works with Talent Acquisition to make sure that they bring the best candidates in for the open position for interviews.

The next step was for me to conduct a phone interview with my would-be boss as well as his supervisor. Once they determined it was worth bringing me on site, I went to corporate headquarters and performed an in-person interview.

After that, it was a discussion between them and the HR department as to whether they offered me a position.

Interview Questions

• What is my experience within IT?
      How do you handle relationships with external customers/those you serve?
      When you encounter a potential problem, how do you attempt to get it resolved?
      1 Answer

Professional Business Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in February 2012.

Interview

I was offered an interview through the Oklahoma State University's Hire OSU Grads Website.

The minimum GPA allowed was a 3.0 on a 4.0 scale to be considered. They required a resume, cover letter, transcript, and a document for references.

I was offered an interview on the second week of February and interviewed with them on the 16th of February at OSU's Stillwater campus.

It was a great interview! Though I did not receive an offer, the interviewers were very nice and I felt like I could be myself.

I do warn anyone who interviews with them to be fully prepared about their understanding of Williams. They asked a lot of questions about if I knew Williams past company history and what they do today. So just be fully prepared for any and all questions. The interview lasted approximately 45 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell us about Williams and what we do as a company?   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in September 2011.

Interview

Pretty slow. They were not very communicative during the process. Once I had the office interview, it actually went quick after that

Interview Questions

• If you could make a few more $$ by doing things just a little over the line, would you?   1 Answer

Human Resource Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in February 2011.

Interview

The HR representative that I dealt with frustrated me a little with her poor communication skills and lack of timely follow through. People I interviewed with were very nice and not intimidating at all. I only received one interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had to deal with a challenging situation on your job, how you dealt with it and how it was finally resolved in the end.   Answer Question

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Williams (Tulsa, OK) in September 2009.

Interview

The decision was made from the 2 phone interviews I had. When I came in for a panel interview with cross functional teams, that is where there was a disconnect. They're questioning made no sense to the role I was interviewing for. Power play agendas were exposed.

Interview Questions

• It is hard to suggest one which won't suggest the role I interviewed for.   1 Answer

Didn't want to work with the politics of the cross functional teams.