Willis Towers Watson Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Willis Towers Watson Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Willis Towers Watson

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Cleveland, OH) in December 2017.

Interview

Had a variety of situation "tell me about a time when" questions with multiple analysts and consultants. Could be a bit challenging at times. Also questioned my transcript for some of the low grades I received in college

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Willis Towers Watson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Minneapolis, MN) in November 2017.

Interview

First Interview was on online computer filmed Interview with general questions and you had a set amount of time to answer. After this about two weeks later I got an Email saying I got another interview where the first day was a social event with happy hour, and the second day was a formal interview with 4 different people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (New York, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

I applied Dec. 2017 and received an invitation for an online Hirevue Interview a month later, where you answer questions in front of a camera. There were 7 behavioral questions, pretty standard, nothing out of the ordinary. The whole process took about 30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• How good are your Excel skills? What functions can you use?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

WTW directly recruits on campus. The process was straight-forward with 2 rounds of interviews. The position requires some level of understanding of the company's offerings but reasonable. Overall smooth process. An average level of difficulty with more focus on behavioral

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Boston, MA).

Interview

Took about a month once finished, started with recruiter contacting you. Then do a video chat where they ask you 10 questions and you have around 2 minutes to prepare and then answer. After, they call and bring you into the office for around six 30 minutes interviews with different associates.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Los Angeles, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

There were 2 half hour interviews rotation per candidate with senior management on behavioral questions. Afterwards it was a Lunch meeting / interview where you get to talk to the junior associates about what it is like to work there

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Overland Park, KS) in May 2018.

Interview

HireVue -> Phone Screen with Hiring Manager-> 4 hour in Person interview with Actuarial Team

About a month and a half process.

Wasn't too hard but I am pretty good at interviewing.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about visualizing a set of data that a client gives you?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you went above and beyond in a non-school related project?   Answer Question
    • What is your strategy to manage multiple project deadlines?   Answer Question
    • Why is your GPA low? (was a 2.95 while interviewing)   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Detroit, MI) in April 2015.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews, one with a recruiter and one with a consultant, then two in-person interviews with multiple consultants. Standard questions to get an idea of how I'd fit within the group.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to be flexible with a colleague regarding how you were going to get your work done.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Typical initial phone interview with standard questions about experience and resume items. Focused mostly on items on my resume and asked standard screening questions. The company was going through a merger, so the HR representative answered a few of my questions on the matter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work as a member of a team.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

I received an email from HR to set up a phone interview, 3.5 weeks after applying online. In the phone interview I was asked about salary expectations and told a little about the role, mainly to confirm I was still interested and would be willing to move for the position. A few days later a different person, HR for the specific department, contacted me to arrange a phone interview with the hiring manager. That took place about a week after. I was asked more detailed questions about my background, job responsibilities, interests, why I was looking, etc. No surprise questions, mostly just describing what was on my resume, and I had ample time to ask questions about the role. I had been told by HR to contact a third HR person with interview feedback after my call, so I sent that person an email reiterating my interest and stating specific aspects of the job that sounded interesting. About a week later, I got an email from the second HR person to schedule an in person interview for the following week. The in person interview was only an hour long total, with two people, which I thought was short. I interviewed with the same hiring manager who I'd spoken with by phone as well as another person on the team. The questions were all easy, and it was mostly conversational and talking about my experience and about the job opportunity and the type of work they did. A few days later I got an email asking to set up follow up phone interviews with different team members. Those took place during the following week and both were easy (I learned later that they had already decided to hire me this point but certain people wanted to talk to me first) and around a half hour each. In the last one, the interviewer said they intended to make me an offer and asked for salary expectations. I got an offer a few days later. Overall the process was long and drawn out but the interviews themselves were easy and mostly a chance to get to know the team/see if it was a good fit. I also negotiated salary so the process was even more drawn out at the end.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what our department does and what the job would entail?   Answer Question