Willis Towers Watson Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Willis Towers Watson Actuarial Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Mar 29, 2017

2.8

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

I received an email from HR to set up a phone interview, 3.5 weeks after applying online. In the phone interview I was asked about salary expectations and told a little about the role, mainly to confirm I was still interested and would be willing to move for the position. A few days later a different person, HR for the specific department, contacted me to arrange a phone interview with the hiring manager. That took place about a week after. I was asked more detailed questions about my background, job responsibilities, interests, why I was looking, etc. No surprise questions, mostly just describing what was on my resume, and I had ample time to ask questions about the role. I had been told by HR to contact a third HR person with interview feedback after my call, so I sent that person an email reiterating my interest and stating specific aspects of the job that sounded interesting. About a week later, I got an email from the second HR person to schedule an in person interview for the following week. The in person interview was only an hour long total, with two people, which I thought was short. I interviewed with the same hiring manager who I'd spoken with by phone as well as another person on the team. The questions were all easy, and it was mostly conversational and talking about my experience and about the job opportunity and the type of work they did. A few days later I got an email asking to set up follow up phone interviews with different team members. Those took place during the following week and both were easy (I learned later that they had already decided to hire me this point but certain people wanted to talk to me first) and around a half hour each. In the last one, the interviewer said they intended to make me an offer and asked for salary expectations. I got an offer a few days later. Overall the process was long and drawn out but the interviews themselves were easy and mostly a chance to get to know the team/see if it was a good fit. I also negotiated salary so the process was even more drawn out at the end.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what our department does and what the job would entail?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Willis Towers Watson

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

submitted resume at campus career fair, then did first video interview, then got the final onsite interview with six people from the office. The final round interview took about 2 hours and the it was a great interview experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I went in knowing I would be interviewed by 4 people in intervals of 30 minutes with each interviewer. My interview schedule was intermitted with a 1.5 hour lunch break with 3 additional employees who have recently been promoted or are currently working in the position I am interviewing for and two candidates who are interviewing for the same position.

Interview Questions

• How are your Excel skills?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was majorly based on what's on my resume. The interviewer asked many specific questions about past experience. She was very nice so it was more like a casual conversation.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews -- one with HR, one with a consultant in the office. Interview in the office with several consultants and analysts. Standard questions - very conversational. Gave me a good idea of what types of people I would work with and what types of projects I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ambiguous experience in your job so far. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

Phone interview with a recruiter and then meetings with team members.
    The process was generally easy going and simple. Nothing crazy.
    Just asked about my previous experience a lot. Make sure to ask enough questions so that you can find about more about the position, the work environment and etc.
    Pleasant experience overall.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in November 2015.

Interview

The process was quick. HR from New York arranged a phone interview with members from the DC office (where I was applying). Actual interview was short, about 30-40min. Asked questions about background in statistics, preparation in regards the actuarial exams, status of the current exams + all the general questions (e.g. tell me about your experience, why Towers-Watson?). They're looking for people who have taken at least one exam.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Athens, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Athens, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted about a month after applying online. We scheduled a phone interview, and it mainly reviewed my resume and asked a few basic questions. The interview was rescheduled at the last minute on one occasion. In general, the interviewer was friendly and capable of answering my questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Excel? / Describe your experiences using Excel.   Answer Question
    • Describe a time that you worked with a team to accomplish a common goal.   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be an actuary?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Hartford, CT) in August 2015.

Interview

I met several people from different levels from the companies and most of them are friendly. Most of them ask me more on skills and experience but one person ask a lot about behavior questions...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Washington, DC) in July 2015.

Interview

Typical initial phone interview with standard questions about experience and resume items. Focused mostly on items on my resume and asked standard screening questions. The company was going through a merger, so the HR representative answered a few of my questions on the matter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had to work as a member of a team.   Answer Question