Willis Towers Watson Business Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 24, 2017

3.1

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Marysville, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was an online interview in which the questions (8) were presented on the screen. 4 of the questions were to be answered by talking into my webcam and were recorded for future review by the company, and 4 were to be answered by my typing my response into a webform on the screen. The process of getting set up for the interview went smoothly (getting webcam and microphone to work), and there was unlimited opportunity to practice by responding to sample questions. However, once you began the interview, you had a limited amount of time (usually 30 seconds) to think about your response to the question, and then a limited amount of time (3-5 minutes) to record your answer. There was no opportunity to retake a given question, and you couldn't see your response later to see how you did at responding on camera.

Interview Questions

• (Paraphrase:) An employee says that the incorrect amount is being withdrawn from his paycheck for the company health plan. It has already been determined that the amount that was displayed on the benefits screen at time of benefit selection was correct, but the amount being withdrawn is incorrect. Describe your process for troubleshooting this issue.

This question was one of the written responses, and you were allowed 10 minutes to answer.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Willis Towers Watson

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was with various managers of different teams. I felt that they were looking for a candidate with good fit and drive. The questions were fairly standard, no weird ones like you get at some interviews.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (San Diego, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a digital interview which lasted about 35-40 minutes. Questions were mostly related to my business analysis career experience. There was one scenario question where I was asked to understand the scenario and describe how will i approach this situation. There is some preparation time and some answering time. I mistook the answering time for 1 of the questions as the preparation time and hence missed it. There was no way in which I could answer that question again or let the team know. Wish the interface were more friendlier.

Interview Questions

• Based on the information below, walk us through step by step how you would analyze and solve the issue.

You have receive an escalated ticket from your call center: The client employee is having mom money deducted from their pay for benefits than quoted during open enrollment. The call center has determined them were no changes to coverage, and confirmed the quote given to the employee as accurate based on the client elected benefits. How would you determine the issue?
      You will have 10 minutes to answer this question.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in February 2016.

Interview

The initial interview is a video interview where you are asked questions with oral responses and written responses.

If you make it past the video screening the next phase is broken down into three phone interviews and one in-person interview but this could change depending on your location.

The phone screenings are with people in different roles and those employees have a great deal of knowledge about the company.

Interview Questions

• What can you bring to the company?
      How well do you understand SQL?
      Are you comfortable working in a virtual environment?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (New York, NY) in January 2016.

Interview

Easy, mostly behavioral questions and a few that required short answers. This interview took place on Hirevure. It takes about 30 minutes in total. You're allowed 30 seconds to prepare for each question. There might be a few variations but expect a balance between these two.

Interview Questions

• Why Willis Towers Watson? Why the analyst position? Mention a time you had to go above and beyond.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Denver, CO) in September 2014.

Interview

They ask the typical questions and go over your resume. They do ask some of the 50 possible questions that can put you on the spot. All in all it went fine. It came down to myself and another person. Location makes a difference.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had a bad experience with your current or past employers?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in April 2014.

Interview

The process was long but worth it. It took about 3 months from the time I applied for the job on their website to the time I got the in person interview. I think this is because they are currently doing lots of hiring. It was very much worth the wait. The people I met were great and I enjoyed speaking to and meeting each of them.

Interview Questions

• None of the questions were too difficult. They all related to the job I was applying for. They wanted to find out what I would do in a given situation etc. It was a very comfortable process. I felt like I could relax and be myself.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation needed. They made me a great offer and I took it.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

The management I interviewed with were much better than the actual Managers I worked with on the job. I enjoyed meeting with them and talking to them. I felt at ease and welcomed. Very nice people and open.

Interview Questions

• What am I looking for at a Company?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Minneapolis, MN) in January 2014.

Interview

I came through an agency for a 3 month contract to hire position. I interviewed with 3 people that took up to about 2 hours to finish; they were interviewing a ton of people. It depends on who you interview with but one interviewee was very casual and easy to interview with. Another was by the books so expect the typical googled questions and another was a mixture of both.

Interview Questions

• There weren't any but I'd probably say salary. Coming in as a contractor, that's usually up for discussion right there and then.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was easy since I went through an agency. The direct hiring process took some effort though.

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Submitted my resume at a career fair at the University of Chicago. Recruiter emailed me within a month and scheduled a phone interview for two days later. Questions overall were not that difficult, mostly just personality and "walk me through your resume" type questions. Interviewer was very friendly and the conversation was not intense.

Interview Questions

• Relating past experiences to the current position applying for. My previous work experience was not directly relevant so had to twist some skills from previous jobs.   Answer Question