Willis Towers Watson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Willis Towers Watson Interview Questions

Updated Apr 25, 2017

2.8

Actuarial Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screen with someone from HR, then a 1 on 1 interview with an actuary. The in person interview consisted of a group dinner the first night with a few actuaries at the company. The next day of interviews consisted of a group meeting with a top executive, followed by 4 individual interviews with actuaries, lunch with two entry-level actuaries, and then a small case study.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had multiple projects due around the same time, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got contacted by recruiter for a phone interview, and interviewed the same day. Interview questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. Did not hear back for weeks and had to email recruiter to get decision. Was not a very pleasant experience.

I T SUPPORT Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in April 2017.

Interview

the process was scheduled for a phone interview/screening at first but the interviewer contacted me later than our meeting time and force me to miss the interview. I was contacted after the fact but unable to make any other arrangements around my schedule for the rest of the day.

Retirement Service Center Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Memphis, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

The interview process was not too taxing. The interviewers made me feel very comfortable through out the interview. Mostly the questions were related to my college projects. Then there were standard questions about challenges faced while working of college projects.

Interview Questions

• Did you exceed expectations in any of your academic projects?   Answer Question

Service Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Nashville, TN) in April 2017.

Interview

Submitted a resume. Had initial interview with HR. Was then interviewed by three people at the same time. Interview was about 1.5 hours. Also had to submit my current salary and new salary requirements.

Interview Questions

• What do you do at work when you don't have anything to do?   Answer Question

Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (New York, NY).

Interview

My name came as an outside recommendation. Initially, I was contacted by an internal rep to see if I was interested, from there I was contacted by a different internal rep that organized a meet between me and the local contact. I met with three people in total on three separate occasions. WTW was incredible flexible and professional throughout the entire process and I enjoyed the whole interview process!

Interview Questions

• Where do you think Willis Towers Watson falls short in their goals?   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

I received an email from HR to set up a phone interview, 3.5 weeks after applying online. In the phone interview I was asked about salary expectations and told a little about the role, mainly to confirm I was still interested and would be willing to move for the position. A few days later a different person, HR for the specific department, contacted me to arrange a phone interview with the hiring manager. That took place about a week after. I was asked more detailed questions about my background, job responsibilities, interests, why I was looking, etc. No surprise questions, mostly just describing what was on my resume, and I had ample time to ask questions about the role. I had been told by HR to contact a third HR person with interview feedback after my call, so I sent that person an email reiterating my interest and stating specific aspects of the job that sounded interesting. About a week later, I got an email from the second HR person to schedule an in person interview for the following week. The in person interview was only an hour long total, with two people, which I thought was short. I interviewed with the same hiring manager who I'd spoken with by phone as well as another person on the team. The questions were all easy, and it was mostly conversational and talking about my experience and about the job opportunity and the type of work they did. A few days later I got an email asking to set up follow up phone interviews with different team members. Those took place during the following week and both were easy (I learned later that they had already decided to hire me this point but certain people wanted to talk to me first) and around a half hour each. In the last one, the interviewer said they intended to make me an offer and asked for salary expectations. I got an offer a few days later. Overall the process was long and drawn out but the interviews themselves were easy and mostly a chance to get to know the team/see if it was a good fit. I also negotiated salary so the process was even more drawn out at the end.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what our department does and what the job would entail?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Fair and reasonable. There were numerous interviews but it felt like they had good purpose and understood the values and experiences they were trying to bring into the team. The entire process took approximately 3 months which is about what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult challenge   Answer Question

Pension and Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially setup through a placement agency. This was the first interview step - a phone interview. The call was on time and took about 20 minutes to complete. Then a follow-up in person with potential team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job at Employer X and why did you leave?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marysville, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Marysville, WA) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview was an online interview in which the questions (8) were presented on the screen. 4 of the questions were to be answered by talking into my webcam and were recorded for future review by the company, and 4 were to be answered by my typing my response into a webform on the screen. The process of getting set up for the interview went smoothly (getting webcam and microphone to work), and there was unlimited opportunity to practice by responding to sample questions. However, once you began the interview, you had a limited amount of time (usually 30 seconds) to think about your response to the question, and then a limited amount of time (3-5 minutes) to record your answer. There was no opportunity to retake a given question, and you couldn't see your response later to see how you did at responding on camera.

Interview Questions

• (Paraphrase:) An employee says that the incorrect amount is being withdrawn from his paycheck for the company health plan. It has already been determined that the amount that was displayed on the benefits screen at time of benefit selection was correct, but the amount being withdrawn is incorrect. Describe your process for troubleshooting this issue.

This question was one of the written responses, and you were allowed 10 minutes to answer.
      Answer Question