Willis Towers Watson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Willis Towers Watson Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2017

2.8

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

I received an email from HR to set up a phone interview, 3.5 weeks after applying online. In the phone interview I was asked about salary expectations and told a little about the role, mainly to confirm I was still interested and would be willing to move for the position. A few days later a different person, HR for the specific department, contacted me to arrange a phone interview with the hiring manager. That took place about a week after. I was asked more detailed questions about my background, job responsibilities, interests, why I was looking, etc. No surprise questions, mostly just describing what was on my resume, and I had ample time to ask questions about the role. I had been told by HR to contact a third HR person with interview feedback after my call, so I sent that person an email reiterating my interest and stating specific aspects of the job that sounded interesting. About a week later, I got an email from the second HR person to schedule an in person interview for the following week. The in person interview was only an hour long total, with two people, which I thought was short. I interviewed with the same hiring manager who I'd spoken with by phone as well as another person on the team. The questions were all easy, and it was mostly conversational and talking about my experience and about the job opportunity and the type of work they did. A few days later I got an email asking to set up follow up phone interviews with different team members. Those took place during the following week and both were easy (I learned later that they had already decided to hire me this point but certain people wanted to talk to me first) and around a half hour each. In the last one, the interviewer said they intended to make me an offer and asked for salary expectations. I got an offer a few days later. Overall the process was long and drawn out but the interviews themselves were easy and mostly a chance to get to know the team/see if it was a good fit. I also negotiated salary so the process was even more drawn out at the end.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what our department does and what the job would entail?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Interview

Fair and reasonable. There were numerous interviews but it felt like they had good purpose and understood the values and experiences they were trying to bring into the team. The entire process took approximately 3 months which is about what I expected.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you faced a difficult challenge   Answer Question

Pension and Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Minneapolis, MN) in March 2017.

Interview

Initially setup through a placement agency. This was the first interview step - a phone interview. The call was on time and took about 20 minutes to complete. Then a follow-up in person with potential team members.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your job at Employer X and why did you leave?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

I had an HR person contact me for a phone interview after an employee referred me. Pretty standard behavioral questions for the most part such as how did you find out about the actuarial path, tell me about a time when you worked in a group, etc.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

submitted resume at campus career fair, then did first video interview, then got the final onsite interview with six people from the office. The final round interview took about 2 hours and the it was a great interview experience.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

This was an on-campus interview. It was one-on-one and the recruiter was nice. She did not try to trick me or catch me off guard. The questions were straightforward and to the point. Prior to the interview, I had to complete a writing analysis. The analysis consisted of a case study in which you were given 1 hour to respond to a given scenario.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where miscommunication caused a problem   Answer Question

Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bloomington, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Bloomington, MN).

Interview

The Contract Agency contacts you ultimately. Right before you are hire through the contract agency, there is still an interview process. You are typically schedule for an interview with a call center manager, the interview typically takes about 30 mins.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked at a call center before? If, you have what was your experience?   Answer Question

Retirement Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

An interview process similar to other large companies who hire actuaries. This was a scheduled interview day from 8-3, where I was interviewed by 6 more experienced Actuaries in the department. I was also given a math aptitude test (which tested your ability to do basic math in your head), and a test to see if you understood the basic concept of pensions. There was generally no break, however we had lunch with 2 younger analyst who we casually chatted with and talked about the job (and many other things). Overall a good interview experience. For someone who hasn't done it before, the all day interview may seem daunting, but while it is exhausting, it is also less nerve racking than a single high pressure interview. The interviewers have a few standard interview questions to ask you, but for me they felt more like good conversations for an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were part of a team or group project and things went wrong and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (New York, NY).

Interview

Interview was with various managers of different teams. I felt that they were looking for a candidate with good fit and drive. The questions were fairly standard, no weird ones like you get at some interviews.

Rewards Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in January 2017.

Interview

Video interview through HireVue, 8 questions given 10 minutes. Each question is about 1.5 minutes and you will be given 3 minutes or so in advance to prepare for each question.

Interview Questions

• "What's your favorite Excel function?"   2 Answers