Willis Towers Watson Actuary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Willis Towers Watson Actuary Interview Questions

Updated Feb 21, 2017

2.9

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

submitted resume at campus career fair, then did first video interview, then got the final onsite interview with six people from the office. The final round interview took about 2 hours and the it was a great interview experience.

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

An interview process similar to other large companies who hire actuaries. This was a scheduled interview day from 8-3, where I was interviewed by 6 more experienced Actuaries in the department. I was also given a math aptitude test (which tested your ability to do basic math in your head), and a test to see if you understood the basic concept of pensions. There was generally no break, however we had lunch with 2 younger analyst who we casually chatted with and talked about the job (and many other things). Overall a good interview experience. For someone who hasn't done it before, the all day interview may seem daunting, but while it is exhausting, it is also less nerve racking than a single high pressure interview. The interviewers have a few standard interview questions to ask you, but for me they felt more like good conversations for an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were part of a team or group project and things went wrong and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Retirement Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a university recruiter about one month later. Following this, I scheduled a 30-minute phone screen with the company, where I talked to two analysts in the department for a behavioral interview. About one month after this I was invited to the office for a full day of interviews with five consultants in the DC office and got to have meals with analysts.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between consulting and insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I went in knowing I would be interviewed by 4 people in intervals of 30 minutes with each interviewer. My interview schedule was intermitted with a 1.5 hour lunch break with 3 additional employees who have recently been promoted or are currently working in the position I am interviewing for and two candidates who are interviewing for the same position.

Interview Questions

• How are your Excel skills?   1 Answer

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in November 2016.

Interview

Quite straightforward interview, no real technical or consulting-style questions. Describe your education, why do you want the role, why do you want the company, describe your previous work experience, what is your current exam progress, what are your exam plans and strategy going into the future, etc.

Interview Questions

• Describe your past work experiences and how they will benefit you in a role as a actuarial consultant.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in October 2016.

Interview

The interview was majorly based on what's on my resume. The interviewer asked many specific questions about past experience. She was very nice so it was more like a casual conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I received an e-mail from the university recruiter 2 weeks after I submitted my application online through the school's job search portal. The process was all done through the university's career services - they facilitated schedules and venues for the interviews. The interview itself took around 25 minutes. It was a two on one interview but half the time was spent answering my questions and the interviewers explaining the role more thoroughly.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. What is your experience with excel? What do you like to do? (very open ended) Tell us about your last internship.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Provo, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Provo, UT) in October 2016.

Interview

I submitted an application through the career services website for my school. I also applied online on their website. The school sent me an email stating that they requested an interview with me. They could not even handle scheduling people to interview and double booked everyone in the afternoon interviews on campus. The interview was 3 questions long and they did not even care to really interview me because they only cared to get everyone in, in order to cover their mistake. They were also awkward and I had to try to lead the conversation. I don't think anyone (myself included) was contacted again after that session of interviews.

Interview Questions

• They just looked at my resume for 5 seconds and asked 3 questions about the first 3 things they saw on it and that was it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Philadelphia, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

First interview took place at a career reception at school and lasted for about 10 minutes. Second interview took place on campus as well (two weeks after first interview). That one lasted for 40 minutes. Last round was on site and lasted for a few hours. It was back-to-back interviews with 3 people and then lunch with 4 employees.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Excel?   1 Answer

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews -- one with HR, one with a consultant in the office. Interview in the office with several consultants and analysts. Standard questions - very conversational. Gave me a good idea of what types of people I would work with and what types of projects I would be working on.

Interview Questions

• Describe an ambiguous experience in your job so far. How did you handle it?   Answer Question