Willis Towers Watson Actuary Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 11, 2017

2.9

179 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

Interviews were very nice and easy to talk/relate to. Made me feel very comfortable. However, scheduled my second interview on a data in which I wasn't available and therefore put me out of the running.

Interview Questions

• Questions were straightforward interview questions, no surprises.   Answer Question

Actuarial Student Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

Applied online. Had a phone screen with someone from HR, then a 1 on 1 interview with an actuary. The in person interview consisted of a group dinner the first night with a few actuaries at the company. The next day of interviews consisted of a group meeting with a top executive, followed by 4 individual interviews with actuaries, lunch with two entry-level actuaries, and then a small case study.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had multiple projects due around the same time, and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied online, got contacted by recruiter for a phone interview, and interviewed the same day. Interview questions were pretty standard behavioral ones. Did not hear back for weeks and had to email recruiter to get decision. Was not a very pleasant experience.

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in April 2017.

Interview

It was a pretty basic interview. It was not something that I found difficult. Someone emailed me about the position, and I had a phone interview the same day. Then, they invited me in for an in-person interview where they offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had difficulty with a boss/coworker.   Answer Question

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

I received an email from HR to set up a phone interview, 3.5 weeks after applying online. In the phone interview I was asked about salary expectations and told a little about the role, mainly to confirm I was still interested and would be willing to move for the position. A few days later a different person, HR for the specific department, contacted me to arrange a phone interview with the hiring manager. That took place about a week after. I was asked more detailed questions about my background, job responsibilities, interests, why I was looking, etc. No surprise questions, mostly just describing what was on my resume, and I had ample time to ask questions about the role. I had been told by HR to contact a third HR person with interview feedback after my call, so I sent that person an email reiterating my interest and stating specific aspects of the job that sounded interesting. About a week later, I got an email from the second HR person to schedule an in person interview for the following week. The in person interview was only an hour long total, with two people, which I thought was short. I interviewed with the same hiring manager who I'd spoken with by phone as well as another person on the team. The questions were all easy, and it was mostly conversational and talking about my experience and about the job opportunity and the type of work they did. A few days later I got an email asking to set up follow up phone interviews with different team members. Those took place during the following week and both were easy (I learned later that they had already decided to hire me this point but certain people wanted to talk to me first) and around a half hour each. In the last one, the interviewer said they intended to make me an offer and asked for salary expectations. I got an offer a few days later. Overall the process was long and drawn out but the interviews themselves were easy and mostly a chance to get to know the team/see if it was a good fit. I also negotiated salary so the process was even more drawn out at the end.

Interview Questions

• Do you understand what our department does and what the job would entail?   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

I had an HR person contact me for a phone interview after an employee referred me. Pretty standard behavioral questions for the most part such as how did you find out about the actuarial path, tell me about a time when you worked in a group, etc.

Actuarial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

submitted resume at campus career fair, then did first video interview, then got the final onsite interview with six people from the office. The final round interview took about 2 hours and the it was a great interview experience.

Retirement Actuarial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Philadelphia, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

An interview process similar to other large companies who hire actuaries. This was a scheduled interview day from 8-3, where I was interviewed by 6 more experienced Actuaries in the department. I was also given a math aptitude test (which tested your ability to do basic math in your head), and a test to see if you understood the basic concept of pensions. There was generally no break, however we had lunch with 2 younger analyst who we casually chatted with and talked about the job (and many other things). Overall a good interview experience. For someone who hasn't done it before, the all day interview may seem daunting, but while it is exhausting, it is also less nerve racking than a single high pressure interview. The interviewers have a few standard interview questions to ask you, but for me they felt more like good conversations for an hour each.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you were part of a team or group project and things went wrong and how you handled it.   1 Answer

Retirement Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a university recruiter about one month later. Following this, I scheduled a 30-minute phone screen with the company, where I talked to two analysts in the department for a behavioral interview. About one month after this I was invited to the office for a full day of interviews with five consultants in the DC office and got to have meals with analysts.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between consulting and insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Atlanta, GA) in November 2016.

Interview

I went in knowing I would be interviewed by 4 people in intervals of 30 minutes with each interviewer. My interview schedule was intermitted with a 1.5 hour lunch break with 3 additional employees who have recently been promoted or are currently working in the position I am interviewing for and two candidates who are interviewing for the same position.