Willis Towers Watson Compensation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Willis Towers Watson Compensation Interview Questions

Updated Jan 31, 2017

2.8

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

had three back-to-back interviews. All of them was less behavior but more like a conversation based. The employees there were trying to be very friendly to help you relax and be yourself

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Boston, MA) in October 2015.

Interview

First round 1v1 on campus, then in office interview with every member of the team, then back for a final round. They were very nice and just wanted to get to know me, did not try and trick me and fluster me

Interview Questions

• Most questions were behavioral, really stressed multi tasking and prioritizing, as well as excel skills and analytical skills   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Chicago, IL) in October 2015.

Interview

First 30-min phone interview with HR, behavioral questions. Second 30-min phone interview with a consultant in Chicago office, just went through the resume. Did not get into the final round.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

Had a phone interview first, took about 15 minutes. They asked me about my background and resume and then specifically about the executive compensation field itself. Then had two back-to-back face to face interviews at their office. Both people were friendly and asked basic questions - run through resume, do you know excel - nothing hard. Took about 10-15 minutes with the first person and then about 30 minutes with the second.

Interview Questions

• Tell me what you know about the field of executive compensation.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in March 2015.

Interview

It was a phone interview with 3 different people. Mostly about resume and personal background. It was very comfortable and relaxed. It approximately 30 minutes and they thoroughly explained the position and what expectations they had.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge I faced in a previous work setting?   Answer Question

Executive Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

I bypassed the on-campus interviews and went straight to an on-site interview. It took around a few weeks for them to actually schedule an interview date for me. After the interview, I had a final phone interview the week after. I heard back in about 2.5 weeks from the initial on-site interview. The interview seemed to go very well but unfortunately, they had many applicants for one slot.

Interview Questions

• Many of the questions were standard behavioral. They typically have a set of questions that they ask. They'll ask about 1 or 2 of them and then stray off with questions of their own.   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Interview

Nothing special about behaviorals

Interview Questions

• Previous knowledge of Excel functions - Pivot tables, vlookup, etc.
      What numbers should you use to determine a CEO's pay (Revenue and Market Cap i think?)
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

7 one hour interview - has to be approved each teammate
    Ask about intellectual curiosity, drive, and fluency in numbers
    Good way to meet the team and see if there is a personality/cultural fit

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson in February 2014.

Interview

First the recruiter had a brief phone screening interview. Then there were two back-to-back behavioral interviews with the managers of the internship. Each interview was approximately 30 minutes long. The company got back to me with an offer within the week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Dallas, TX) in March 2013.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Completed a phone interview in which I was asked basic questions about my excel skills and ability to work within a team and was invited to the final round. Final round was 4 30 minute interviews with different staff members. Some were friendly and engaging and some were cold and unhelpful. Questions were basic behavioral and resume review. No cases or exercises. Heard back in 3 weeks that I didn't get the offer.