Willis Towers Watson Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 23, 2017

2.8

Benefit Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Pitts, PA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Pitts, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

Minimal questions. All they wanted to know if you would show up and be on time. Leads, who interviewed me, couldn't answer a question I asked. They did not offer a description of the job responsibilities or type of job. I thought it was explaining health benefits, and it was, but had no idea it was a call center.

Retirement Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Arlington, VA).

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by a university recruiter about one month later. Following this, I scheduled a 30-minute phone screen with the company, where I talked to two analysts in the department for a behavioral interview. About one month after this I was invited to the office for a full day of interviews with five consultants in the DC office and got to have meals with analysts.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between consulting and insurance?   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (New York, NY).

Interview

Very rigorous, they had me interview with all levels of management. They were very through and they really got a feel for my background and personality. They had be go through multiple phone calls (4) and an in person interview

Interview Questions

• Where do you see you self in 10 years   1 Answer

Product Owner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Interview

I've had quite a storied, albeit negative, experience with this organization. I applied for a product owner opening in March-ish of this year (2016). I was contacted by an enthusiastic recruiter who really got me interested in the position. But due to some family obligations that arose, I declined consideration hoping that I'd be able to land a role closer to home (WTW is over an hour away from where I live). As time went on, however, I realized I had let go of a perfectly decent opportunity. So I reached back out to the recruiter and incidentally, they had another opening coming available. I excitedly accepted the invitation to interview and was told my required salary range, $90k-$100k, was within their range.

The in-person interview went really well and I was impressed with their execution of Agile and how they'd constructed their teams. The hiring manager that I met with was responsive to my follow up emails containing questions I had after the interview. I was almost immediately scheduled to come and meet with a VP. By this point, I was working through a different recruiter. After accepting the invitation to meet with the VP, I asked that this different recruiter send me some info about their benefits and to confirm the salary was within range. This was the point at which she began ignoring me. I emailed her twice asking that she provide me with that info prior to my meeting with the VP since there was a significant time investment for both parties. I called and left a message a week before the interview.

Finally, I told her I'd have to cancel if she wasn't able to provide me with that information. The day before the interview, she sent me a benefits overview and declined to share salary information with me. She did, however, ask that I share my expectation. I stated I was looking to negotiate within the $90k-$100k range. She indicated that that range was "significantly" above what they were willing to pay, around $55k-$60k, but maybe they'd budge if I "wow'd" them. I quickly declined the interview and stated that I couldn't interview considering they had flip-flopped on their stated compensation range (a major red flag for me). She didn't respond again after that. It should also be noted that organizations don't toy around with large sums of money, in this case, $30k+ for candidates that "wow" them. The notion that wowing them may garner a 50% increase consideration was laughable.

A few months later, a recruiter from an agency contacted me about a product owner opening at a local company. In speaking with him, he shared that the client was Towers Watson. As such, he couldn't work with me but wanted to speak with the hiring manager about me anyway. In speaking with the hiring manager, it came to light that it was the same individual with whom I had interviewed previously. He mentioned the hiring manager had said he was disappointed that I had withdrawn from the process and that the above recruiter had indicated I wasn't interested in the opportunity anymore but failed to elaborate beyond that. While true, that's mildly omissive of the true reason: that they were dodgy with a very important component of the recruiting process. I emailed the hiring manager to explain the situation and he indicated that I was not the first candidate to have had trouble with their recruiters (interesting also that they were using agencies to recruit for them).

When the product owner position opened again this past October, I applied. I was hoping I'd be fast-tracked through the process but instead was asked to go through the process again. A major bummer. This time, they had me do a video interview. Today, I received a canned, form email stating I was no longer being considered, presumably because my stated compensation requirement was too high. An organization this size has no reason to not be paying product owners competitive market wages.

I will maintain that beyond their recruiters, this is a decent organization to work for, at least from the impression I received. But their recruiters need retraining or to be let go. In the most recent process in October, the two recruiters I tried working with were completely unresponsive and ineffective. In total, I worked with 4 recruiters, three of whom stunk to high heaven. Be weary of these when applying.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in Late November and interviewed in early December. I applied on the career website, had a phone screen with a recruiter, phone interview with the manager, then 9 interviews in the Atlanta office. Mostly all behavioral and situational questions . Some ppl I interviewed with were via office webcam others were with a host of other execs.

Interview Questions

• What's the most interesting thing you have learned in you're major ?   Answer Question

Compensation Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson.

Interview

had three back-to-back interviews. All of them was less behavior but more like a conversation based. The employees there were trying to be very friendly to help you relax and be yourself

Communications and Change Management Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied through the university, process took three weeks, it was a really long and tiring process- resume,cover letter submission, then a phone interview, then a 4 page written assignment and finally a 7 hour long day of interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Sept 22: Briefly spoke with a recruiter at career fair and applied through my school's career site. Early Oct., I got an email inviting me to a campus interview. This took place two days later; I met with a senior level actuary and a younger analyst in their retirement service center (where the internship will be). They were both really friendly and didn't really ask any hard questions, just explained the position and asked about things on my resume-- nothing too behavioral or intense. It was a very pleasant half-hour conversation. About 3 weeks later I got an email inviting me to a site visit in Dallas. The visit took place ~ two weeks later. I met with 4 individuals separately, each for 30 min. Again, nothing intense, just a lot of background about the position/company and general behavioral/tell me a time/what if questions. Nothing really technical apart from being asked what I've done with Excel. One of the four asked me some questions about a time I had to be analytical/about a technical project. I also went to lunch with two members from the retirement center. I received an offer pretty quickly after the site visit-- everyone I met with gave me a great impression.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Columbus, OH).

Interview

On Line application, interview includes time with all lead team members and lunch with group. Takes place on site. Can request a company tour of premises. Open to all company inquiries. Professional in interview execution. Follows up.

Health & Group Benefits Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Willis Towers Watson (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Second round interviews were a fairly long process. They send in about 6 different people to talk to you over a 4 hour period. The questions were mostly behavioral and nothing too technical. Each different interviewer tried to ask about something different so that there was not too much overlap. Overall, the company had a very laid back vibe, so if that is the culture that you prefer, then this is the company for you. I think that most of the time they were trying to see if you fit in with that vibe.

Interview Questions

• What are questions that you have about the company? (very common)   Answer Question