WillowTree Office Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WillowTree

1 Interview Review

Office Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

It was a pretty lengthy process that started off really pleasant. I applied online and was asked to do an online interview the very next day. I thought it was pretty intimidating but overall was a good idea to get to know candidates better before wasting too much of anyone's time. I passed through that section and made it to a call with the recruiter. He was very nice and he raved about the culture of the company and I was very excited about the next step.
A few days later they set up another interview in person and everyone I met with was wonderful. I heard back immediately that they wanted me to come in for the final interview.
 When I got to the final interview, most of the people I was supposed to meet with were late or left in the middle of the interview. They talked about how their culture was their biggest priority but it felt more like sitting at a table with the popular kids and having all of them talk at me. At one point, one of the interviewers very sarcastically said "why would we even want to hire you?" and I answered her question and then she promptly had to leave for a meeting right after. I had to do a test assignment and everyone seemed very pleased with my answers so I felt good about that process. As I was working on my test project, everyone was talking to each other and it was primarily negative things about other people in the company. It made me feel very uncomfortable.
I left the interview feeling good about the work I had done but felt pretty uncertain that this would be a good fit based on the people I sat with. Over a week later, I received an automated email saying "thanks for sending in your resume but we found more qualified candidates". After spending 6+ hours in the interview process with them, I received an automated email? I emailed the recruiter and asked for feedback and a few days later I got a very brief but extremely condescending email saying I didn't fit in with the culture but my work was very good. I was crushed because obviously someone in the final interview didn't like my personality (otherwise I wouldn't have made it to the next rounds I would assume) and to be told that solely based on their opinion of my personality, I wasn't a good fit. Honestly, if my personality wasn't a good fit for their culture, I'm really okay with that.

Advice for you in the future: Be more respectful with your candidate's time and the time they spent with you - if you don't like something about someone, don't make them come in for a 5 hour interview. Don't spend the interview session gossiping. Be respectful when turning someone down for a position - i.e. don't send a rude email full of "..."s days after the candidate reaches out after receiving an automated rejection.

Interview Questions