WillowTree Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WillowTree Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at WillowTree

3.9

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WillowTree.

Interview

They have this bizarre video screening application where you have to answer a series of questions in a fixed amount of time -- you can't redo or prepare. They promote it as this great new way for candidates to excel in the interview process. Seriously.

I met a few of their engineers at various events around town, and I thought it would be a fun place to work with a great office location. The interview process and the culture I ran into was the complete opposite of the engineering culture I ran into.

You'd have to be desperate to want to work there as a PM. They apparently felt they'd have to be desperate to have me, too. So, we agreed there.

Interview Questions

• What attracted you to the organization   1 Answer
  • Technology stack   1 Answer
  • There was a wind-up question about clients giving teams bad requirements and what to do about that.   1 Answer

May 31, 2017 – Chief Talent Officer

I'm sorry you didn't enjoy the interview process. It sounds like you had a big problem with the video interview. I understand that it can be a little uncomfortable, but it honestly does help more... More

Other Interview Reviews for WillowTree

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

Long interview process. Start with the video interview - don't freak out about that one, it's just to make sure you've got the basic qualifications. Then recruiter interview, mostly logistics (would you move to Charlottesville, etc.), then 2 phone interview with current project managers, then a final interview in the office that involves a case study.

Interview Questions

• How would you explain what an API is to a client?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of how you've used an Agile methodology to manage a project.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in August 2016.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me after an internal employee had given them my name. Below are the steps that happened in order over the course of 3-4 weeks:
    -Applied on the website.
    -30 min Recruiter call.
    -Video Recorded Questions - this was strange if you have never done it.
    -30 min call with PM Lead
    -1 hour onsite with 2 PMs
    -1 hour 'role-play' with executives

Interview Questions

• What are the qualities/attributes of successful people you have worked with?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation occured

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in July 2018.

Interview

The process is interesting and not too bad. I actually had fun.

1) Spoke with the HR recruiter.
    2) Video interview. This threw me at first, but you can practice as much as you want and it's only two questions. Just relax and be yourself.
    3) Interviewed with two PM's on the phone.
    4) Came on site with a VP of PM. Then team interview with VP of PM, Principal engineer, TRM for a role play/scenario based situation.
    5) Lunch same day as on-site with two senior PM's.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Durham, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WillowTree (Durham, NC) in June 2019.

Interview

Long waits between contact from the recruiter, no real chance to ask your own questions, and the video interview is bizarre (And The Company they contract with has awful service).

Interview Questions

• How would you manage a conflict between two team members?   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wēb (Ethiopia)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WillowTree (Wēb (Ethiopia)) in July 2015.

Interview

Online resume submission; video interview request. Completed video interview within requested time frame. It was a time investment of approximately one hour including preparation.

Similar experience to others... completed video interview on a Friday. Received a rejection on Sunday night. I think its a good be that no human reviewed the video on a Sunday afternoon.

Interview Questions

WillowTree Response

Jul 31, 2015 – VP of HR & Recruiting

Thanks for your review. A real human looks at all of the video interviews. There is no robot making decisions here :) It is also not uncommon for us to review resumes and videos over the weekend... More

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WillowTree in December 2014.

Interview

I responded to an opening on the WillowTree website and submitted my resume and cover letter through Jobvite. A few days later I received an Jobvite notification that I had to complete a video interview. The video interview consists of a series of eight timed questions: A question is presented to the candidate with total time they have to answer the question and the time they have to think about their answer. The allotted time to view and respond to a question ranges from a couple of minutes to half a minute. The countdown clock starts when the question pops up on the screen. I completed the video interview and received a rejection notice within 24 hours without ever speaking to a hiring manager or someone from the WillowTree Recruiting Team, candidate screening is fully automated.

Interview Questions

• Do you consider yourself to have a technical background?   1 Answer

Jan 9, 2015 – VP of HR & Recruiting

I am sorry that you did not get a chance to talk to anyone at WillowTree. We do have a large volume of people applying for positions and it is not possible for us to speak with everyone. The video... More