WillowTree Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

WillowTree Software Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at WillowTree

3.1

Anonymous Employee in Durham, NC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WillowTree (Durham, NC) in January 2018.

Interview

My resume was passed to the recruiter in December 2017. Did a couple of phone interviews and then flew out in January. That was one interesting experience. My flight ended up getting cancelled the night before, and the recruiter was helping me out well into the night getting a flight rescheduled for the morning of the interview.

Got to the airport an hour before and went straight to the office. I toured the office, then had an interview with the recruiter, and then had technical interviews. After it was all done, then went back to the airport and flew back home. It was a crazy day, but a week later, they came back with an offer.

I started a few weeks ago, and feel like I'm at home.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for WillowTree

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2018.

Interview

Applied on their website and was invited to do a virtual interview, where you would be given questions and you would have a couple of minutes to answer them to a webcam (no human interviewer).

Was then invited to a phone screen was completely behavioral with an HR rep.

Next was sent a coding challenge which I had to do on a shared workspace with a software engineer while the engineer was on the phone with me, this was also pretty easy.

Finally, I was invited to an onsite interview at their Charlottesville, VA office which was four back-to-back interviews for a total of 3 hours. There was only on technical question all day which was a design question (see below). After the interviews, they brought me out to lunch with a couple of SEs and I could choose where I wanted to go. Lunch is your opportunity to ask any and every question.

Overall, it was a great interview process!

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2017.

Interview

It was a bit different with how it started out, but overall a pretty standard tech interview process. You start with a video interview where they record you doing short timed answers to various questions. It's a little weird feeling of being recorded versus doing a similar interview over the phone with a person. After that, I did a phone interview, a test project, and then an all day on-site where you do a few rounds of interviews and they take you out to lunch. I was able to do all of this very quickly, as I had an offer from another company on the table, and they were very understanding of that. Overall it was a good experience, though that day of interviews is definitely a little long, so be prepared!

The coolest part to me during the day interview is that you get to make a presentation about any subject you want to teach them about.

Interview Questions

• Phone interview question was about traversing a binary tree.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

Interview

Tough and long interview process that involves phone, videos, project, and in person portion. Willowtree however was respectful and very flexible the entire process. The entire process took about 2 months. I was offered a position and I accepted.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Awkward. I had to do their weird one way video interview, and it was pretty bizarre. I get that they say it allows for greater flexibility and the chance to consider more candidates but it would be nice if they allowed for more transparency in the process. For one, who will review the videos? Are they stored long term? When will they be reviewed and when will you hear back? I got ghosted, as it’s been over a week, so I wouldn’t say it’s been a great experience for me. The questions were very specific to your role, but again, a weird experience overall and honestly made me feel like I was just a number not a human.