WillowTree User Experience Designer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WillowTree User Experience Designer Interview Questions

Interviews at WillowTree

3.5

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2015.

Interview

Actually, everything was fine until literally the final hour. After a phone interview, I was flown in. I started first thing in the morning working on 2 design prompts. I had a full work day to work on them and then present my work at the end of the day. Everything would have been fine, except in my prompt it noted I would present at 4:30. At 4:00 they pulled me in, along with other team leads and a VP to present my work. I ended up winging it for the most part. Needless to say, it did not go well.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for WillowTree

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA).

Interview

The Interview process at WillowTree Apps:
    - recorded video interview (question+30 seconds to 1 minute to prep and 2-3 minutes to talk)
    - phone interview with HR
    - phone interview with VP department head
    - come in for a test project (given a problem statement, show your skills, and present)
    - job offer!

Interview Questions

• What relevant work have you done and can you tell us about the process?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree in May 2015.

Interview

Really nice company. Quick response but long process. A weird online video interview. (kind of stressful but you just need to embrace it.) Two phone interviews and an in person test!

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WillowTree (Charlottesville, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

I first approached WillowTree at my school's career fair. I was a Senior and looking for positions as a UX'er out of school. I had a really great ~30 minute conversations with the two individuals recruiting at my school, and they invited me for an on-campus interview the next day. I talked about my portfolio, some personality related questions, nothing out of the blue. After, I had two Google hangouts about two weeks apart from each other, then was later invited for an on-site interview. They rented me a car and booked a hotel for me, and I drove down the night before. The on-site interview was actually a test exercise, nothing too difficult but they test your thinking and your design process. I was given an offer that same day.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you worked on something and it didn't go as planned?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WillowTree (Richmond, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

Was reached out to via LinkedIn by a recruiter. They were coming into Richmond, VA recruiting and wanted to meet me in person. She wanted to meet in less than 24 hours in which I agreed to but had to cancel appointments. Although I could have done better in the interview, we left the discussion with her saying she would email me soon. She emailed me wanting me to come in for an onsite interview but after I responded I never heard back. I emailed her a couple of more times but was ghosted.

Interview Questions

• She wanted to see a lot of my client work that I could not show.   1 Answer

User Experience Designer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at WillowTree.

Interview

The office was welcoming and casual, and the overall interview process was very positive. I came directly to the office for an initial interview, after which I completed a sample design project for them. On the first day I answered many questions you would expect (background, work experience, portfolio, how I'd heard of the company) and on the second day, it was all their design project.

Interview Questions

• What do you like about our office (within 10 minutes of arriving)?   Answer Question