Wilson Sonsini Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

Wilson Sonsini Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA

2.8

Talent Management Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Slow, daunting process - now at over 3.5 months.

Initial phone interview in mid-March with Staffing Manager

Second interview onsite in Palo Alto with one person, the hiring manager, took place early April

After three weeks of not hearing from the firm, I thought I was certainly no longer in their process; however, I received an email the third week requesting another round of interviews which took place in early May, a month after my second round interview. At this time, I questioned their ability to meet my comp expectations and their ability to make a quick decision. The recruiting assistant assured me that they would do both. I met with the head of professional services (extremely great, down-to-earth guy) and the senior manager for lateral recruiting (not a warm lady). She was cold throughout our interview and continuously questioned my ability to learn the various intricacies of legal practice areas in a way that was extremely condescending. I have a master's and bachelor's degree with stellar GPAs, and have worked at companies that required much steeper learning curves. She was a red flag. Given I wouldn't be working closely with her or reporting to her, I overlooked it.

A few days later, the recruiting assistant reached out and said there would be a delay in the decision as they were now considering internal candidates. Mid-May, there was still no decision. It is now approximately 60 days since my last interview and they still don't have a decision. The role is still open on their website.

As you can imagine, this interview process has been a frustrating one. I have decided to drop out of their process. I hope the staffing department reviews this and changes the process for those they are currently considering/will consider in the future.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I met with five attorneys for about 30 minutes each. It was a fairly typical callback process and was asked expected questions. Be prepared to talk about why you want to work for Wilson and silicon valley.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

One OCI round that lasts around 20 minutes and one callback round that lasts half a day (commute time excluded). Very conversational. May need to subtly find an opportunity to sell yourself.

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto, CA) in February 2011.

Interview

Long and there were a long panel of people to meet; made to wait in conference room for a while; some just asked personal questions not related to job but were not offensive questions just like a social chat

Paralegal Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2010.

Interview

Initial phone interview followed by in person interview where 3 groups of 2 attorneys asked questions, lasting about 1-1.5 hours

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wilson Sonsini (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2008.

Interview

Interview was a one-day process with two Partners and several Associates. Few tough questions. All were friendly.Associates were hired to work in one or two groups only. It was not possible to rotate through the firm to find what area of the law you preferred --- it was expected that you had made that choice at the time of interviewing. One downside I saw during the interview was that I would be compelled to share an office, which for me, I knew would be difficult to work through the distractions and intrusions. I had sent my CV to recruiter, and shortly thereafter was contacted for an interview and hired quickly. Firm's routine was to put out of town interviewees at local hotel, which was pleasant. Of course, all expenses paid for airfare, hotel, and cost of moving (which for me was approximately 3000 miles). Benefits package was generous.

Interview Questions

• I cannot recall. The firm was shorthanded and eager to hire Associates.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Easy. I had an intuition that I would be offered a job at that firm, and that I would accept, even before I visited. If not for the distressing things that occurred with the sexual harasser, I fantasize about working there today. Firm gets quality work, and there are smart people to work with, which I very much appreciated. (By the way, I worked there from 2000-2001, but the dates on the drop down calendar here only go down to 2008.)