WilsonHCG Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WilsonHCG Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.7

Recruiting/Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WilsonHCG.

Interview

I applied to a position several months ago. After a few months passed I was invited to an initial phone interview for a different position, and it went very well. I then went through about 3 or 4 more phone interviews with different teams over the span of several weeks. I must admit, I wasn't confident I was right for the role they were considering me for, and wish they had stuck with considering me for the one I initially applied to, but figured I'd trust their judgement if they felt I was stronger for their other role.

The recruiter I was working with was great at getting back in touch with me after each phone interview, which means we had connected on the phone about 3 or 4 times during the course of my candidacy and I really enjoyed my conversations with him...but then, after my last phone interview with a hiring manager, I heard absolutely nothing from anyone there. I sent the recruiter a follow up email to ask about the process and see if he could pass my thanks over to the hiring manager I interviewed with, but I never heard anything back. The interview, like the others, had been positive, so I'm not sure what went wrong or what warranted the sudden silence.

It's definitely left me scratching my head. I was surprised because all of my interactions had been very positive and I thought they were interested in me as a candidate. I was surprised that they would drop a candidate/leave them in the dust like that without even so much as a generic "Thanks but no thanks" rejection email, after having so many interviews. It's just not the best candidate experience after dedicating so much time to the process to be completely abandoned for seemingly no good reason.

Candidates who have dedicated a ton of time in the process like closure, even if it hurts!

Interview Questions

• All interviews were very conversational which was much appreciated.   Answer Question

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WilsonHCG in October 2016.

Interview

Several interviews including internal recruiter, team lead and sourcing manager, ROM, then CRM of account I would support. They all asked the same few questions: Are you comfortable working from home/have you done it in the past and sourcing strategy.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WilsonHCG in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone screen with internal recruiter (45min), Account manager phone interview, and higher executive level (VP) final phone interview with part Spanish oral and written questions to be answered. After the 3rd phone interview, it was about a week out before I received the call extending the offer. Easy follow up and process.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in working with WilsonHCG? How did you hear about us?   Answer Question
    • What kind of recruiting have you done in your career? What motivates you?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked RPO before? Have you ever worked virtually? What do you think will be the challenges working in a virtual role?   Answer Question
    • What do you like about recruiting? What would be a deal breaker for you?   Answer Question
    • What kind of roles have you recruited? Do you have a preference?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Incredibly fair.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WilsonHCG.

Interview

3 interviews each spaced 3-4 days apart with various Sr. Directors. The process was pretty easy and what I accepted. The interviewers were friendly. The interview was one of the best that I've done.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WilsonHCG (Tampa, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

It was fairly simple. I was asked basic questions about my resume. There was nothing out of the ordinary when it came to this interview. They just want to make sure that you fit in with the culture. WIlsonHCG is a very laid back company that likes to see the employees happy and always advancing.

Interview Questions

• What interests you to work with our company?   1 Answer

Sourching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WilsonHCG (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter who had found my profile on LinkedIn. She was very professional and polite in her outreach to me. She informed me of the opportunity available and we began the interview process; which, ultimately ended by their inflexibility in the 2nd round. The interview was to be a group interview and, being a student applying for an internship, my schedule is only so flexible and would not meet their needs. I was very disappointed by the results.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time where you had to come up with an idea that was slightly "outside of the box". Describe how you came up with your idea and why you thought it was "outside of the box" in thinking. (Paraphrased from original conversation)   Answer Question

Sourcing Assistant/Inter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at WilsonHCG (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

A talent acquisition coordinator reached out to me and asked me questions about my background experience and then some behavioral questions that pertained to the position. The TAC was very friendly and helpful. She let me know about the position in detail (as she had been an intern herself) and walked me through the next process. I then scheduled to interview with the Intern Lead. He was very friendly and the interview felt more like a conversation than a grilling on my past experience. After the face to face interview, I was given a tour of the office and was told I'd hear back within 3 to 5 business days. I was contacted 2 days later and offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time that you made a mistake and had to take ownership of that mistake.   Answer Question

Sourcing Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WilsonHCG (Tampa, FL) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted through my college job-search website by a recruiter from WilsonHCG - she was very prompt, and gave me a good overview of the internship duties and benefits. After that, there was a 30min phone interview which then lead to an in-person interview with the sourcing lead who would be in charge of the interns. The interviewee was very well-informed on all company aspects and even gave me a tour of the facilities after a round of questioning. Two days later I received a phone call saying I got the position. It seem like a great company to work for with room for growth. However, the $11/hr pay for a recent college graduate won't cut it.

Interview Questions

• The interviewee asked me questions about everything on my resume - especially past work experience - so make sure to be prepared.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I am in that phase right now

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WilsonHCG (Tampa, FL) in September 2015.

Interview

The entire process consisted mostly of phone interviews which made the process very convenient however I would have liked to meet face to face as well with employees. I was really able to get the feel of the office through the phone but I would have liked to put names to faces as well.

Recruiter Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WilsonHCG.

Interview

This company is a waste of time. They put me through FIVE interviews over the span of a month. While I will say the people were friendly, it was like someone took all the sir out of my chest when i got the final phone call stating that they moved forward with another candidate. The reason? They felt I wouldn't be happy on the account they were wanting to place me with based on an answer I had given in the last interview.
    Now lets go back to that interview. I was asked what kind of account/types of recruiting I had done in the past. I answered. I was then asked which of those I preferred to work on. My answer was that I didn't have a favorite. I enjoy recruiting, period. I was then asked again to pick one. I responded with "I don't really have a favorite but if i HAVE to pick, I would say..." Now, because I was FORCED to pick a type, I was automatically assumed to be a candidate who would be unhappy with the particular account they were interviewing me for. The correct way to approach this would have been to ask me those questions and then provide me with a description of the account they were looking to hire for. They could have then asked me if I would be happy working on that particular account. In my opinion, being forced to make a decision and then given no opportunity to gain knowledge of the account they were hiring for was extremely unfair. That's like asking what kind of breakfast I like, then telling me I'm not invited to eat because my preference was waffles and they are serving eggs. I'll eat waffles too!
    All in all, I was placed on an emotional roller coaster for a month. This position would have made a HUGE impact on my family in the greatest way possible. I feel that if they were interviewing candidates only to put them into a pipeline, they should have said so from the beginning. After 5 interviews any candidate would be exhausted and to be frank, pretty pissed off.

Interview Questions

• What kind of accounts have you recruited for   1 Answer