WinCo Foods Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WinCo Foods Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.0

Anonymous Employee in Lewisville, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Lewisville, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I was asked basic retail questions and scenarios. This was my very first interview so I wasnt very prepared but overall it went good, probably alot better than some could go. I researched alot about the company so I knew what I was talking about and made me more prepared.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spokane Valley, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Spokane Valley, WA) in January 2017.

Interview

Called a week after I submitted application, interviewed next day. The day after the interview I was contacted by HR who offered me the position and emailed me documents for background and drug testing. I submitted drug test and background information on the next day. The background check came back in 24 hours and I was offered to start.

Interview Questions

• What would you do it the phone is ringing the oven alarm is going off, and there is a customer waiting for assistance.   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work for WinCo Foods?   1 Answer

Executive Team Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (New York, NY).

Interview

Applied on line but system was not user friendly. Asked to answer extra questions and speak on phone. Very little notice was given even though it took several weeks to be contacted by head HR person. Received an electronic "no thanks" WEEKS after their last contact with me despite several attempts requesting an update on my application. Not impressed.

Interview Questions

• Asked about my salary expectations and why I wanted job   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Reno, NV) in December 2016.

Interview

It is a basic interview from the area Supervisor. Reno is in the Sacramento area, so the supervisor came out to interview 20 of us and made sure we knew how to go hands on and how to be a good agent/ partner.

Interview Questions

• When was the last time you calmed a situation with just your words?   1 Answer

Produce Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Sacramento, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

Basic questions laid back but professional just be yourself and be honest applied online got a response back through email with a time to schedule a interview the next day

Freight Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Federal Way, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Federal Way, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Very professional and friendly interview platform consisting of behavioral science questions and how one can impact the company with their skills and experience. The hiring manager was very competent in providing the goals of the company and expansion plans in the future.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a little about yourself? How did you hear about the position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brentwood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Brentwood, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online, two weeks later got a call for an interview for the next day. I went up to the customer service they gave me a pass that said visitor and instructed me to the break room where I filled out a questioner about what I would do in two different situations and about my skills. My interviewer was running late so I waited for about 15 minutes after my scheduled interview. The interview was very easy went over a brief paper and told me the position was part time. He said he had other interviews that day and the following day and would call me.

Interview Questions

• What I would if I saw someone stealing donuts.   2 Answers

Clerk/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Lancaster, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied for the job, a week or two later I had an interview, 2 days later I was offer the job. While you are waiting for the interview they give you a pre-interview paper with questions on it.

Interview Questions

• What's your example of great customer service?   1 Answer
    • If a manager asks you to take back ice cream, on your way back you make eye contact with a customer. What do you do?   2 Answers
    • 3 best qualities.   Answer Question
    • An experience when you had bad customer service. How did you deal with the situation? How would you have done it differently if you were the worker?   Answer Question
    • Time you had to deal with a bad customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Edmonds, WA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Edmonds, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

One-on-one interview was held with a younger lead clerk. He just asked a short set of 'usual' customer service related questions and then asked if I had any questions. It was brief.

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle if a customer forgot an item while in the pay out line?   1 Answer

Overnight Stocker Interview

Anonymous Employee in Arlington, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WinCo Foods (Arlington, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied and a day, maybe two, later-- I received a call to schedule my interview. The interview went amazing; the manager was a younger guy and was very energetic and welcoming. The next day I got a call from the secretary (or somebody like that) to schedule my orientation- which was really sitting in a room by yourself on a computer, taking assessments, and filling out direct deposit forms.