Windsor Fashions Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 30, 2017

2.0

35 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Clinton, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Clinton, MI) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was basic straightforward questions and lasted about 15 minutes. I was offered the job right one the spot. The manager explained the job requirements very clearly and was super nice.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Windsor Fashions

Anonymous Employee in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Elizabeth, NJ) in May 2017.

Interview

My interview took place in the mall. After being questioned, I had to go into the store and put together an outfit a that was suitable for a vacation on the Bahamas. I was told to pick out a bathing suit and accessories, then asked to explain my choices. You'll know you got the job once they immediately make you aware of the background check progress.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Natick, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was kind of intimidating. Store manager asks a lot of difficult questions regarding working in retail. She has you go around the store and find two outfits for different occasions, the occasions I got chose to look for was a wedding and a day at the beach . Overall it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever been in a situation where a customer is arguing with you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Towson, MD

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Towson, MD) in October 2016.

Interview

It was very easy and it wasn't intimidating. You can tell whether if you're going to get the job or not. Just be confident. The manager or DM will sit you down somewhere in the mall, ask you general questions about how you could better the company and if you drive or not. Other than that you should be good to go.

Interview Questions

• What are some policies you could bend and why?   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions.

Interview

The process went fairly smoothly, I first interviewed with the co-manager, then got called in for a second interview with the area manager from another state. Both interviewers asked very similar questions, so I was well prepped going into the 2nd interview. From that point I was confident that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went into the store asked for an application on Tuesday and turned it in with my resume on Thursday. Called me the weekend for a group interview the next weekend. She told me to dress like if you were to work at Windsor, but i suggest dressing professional with accessories. Interview was easy. nothing really asked about skills mostly fashion and what you can bring to the company. The group interview was me and another girl and only one of us was going to get the job. Near the end of the interview they gave each of us "and event" we had to pick out an outfit for. (ex: Baby shower, first date". After the interview they took about 4 days to email us if we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
      How would you describe your style?
      When was the last time you shopped here?
      When was the last time you were on our website?
      What can you bring to Windsor?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What hours would you be available?
      Tell me about your last work experience.
      How do you think team members should act towards each other.
      How you like to be treated as a customer when you walk into the store?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions in January 2016.

Interview

I had seen on the mall site they were hiring so I went in and filled out a application. I was asked to come in for a interview the next day. The interview was great, we mostly talked about theft prevention and fashion. After she asked me to fill out a background check and she'd call by Monday because she's having a job fair. So I'm patiently waiting.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe there are any rules that could be bent at work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Look up top trends and dress accordingly to your interview.
    Smile and be yourself. They're testing your personality.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (San Diego, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

It was a group interview she basically just asked us why we wanted to work there, where we get our fashion inspiration from, how to handle certain situations, good values for customer service and then we had about five minutes on the floor to pick an outfit for a certain scenario and sell it to her!

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Troy, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I filled out my application in-store when i turned in my application they scheduled me for an interview for the following day. The interview went really well I was hired on spot. The only difficult part of the interview was probably the role playing portion where you have to find an outfit for a set scenario .

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Buffalo, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I saw that there was a new store opening at the mall and said to email your resume to the address listed. That's what I did and about a week later received a call from one of the managers for an interview that same week. It was one on one with 2 managers who seem very nice, they had me fill out a paper application and then started. They asked ALOT of behavioral questions but I'll try to remember them. Anyways after that, they had me fill out a background check and we just made small talk and about a month later (a week before the store opens) the store manager called me and offered me the job :)

What is your favorite store?
    Describe your style
    What is the first thing you see when you walk in a store?
    Tell me how you think you can prevent shoplifting
    What are signs of someone who might be stealing

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Why Windsor?   Answer Question
    • The store manager is in the back and you are the only person on the floor. A customer walks in, another customer is waiting to be let in the fitting room and a third is ready to checkout, in what order would you help the customers?   Answer Question
    • Where do you go for your fashion inspirations?   Answer Question