Windsor Fashions Sales Associate Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Windsor Fashions Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Dec 29, 2016

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Natick, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Natick, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was kind of intimidating. Store manager asks a lot of difficult questions regarding working in retail. She has you go around the store and find two outfits for different occasions, the occasions I got chose to look for was a wedding and a day at the beach . Overall it wasn't too bad.

Interview Questions

• When have you ever been in a situation where a customer is arguing with you?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Windsor Fashions

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions.

Interview

The process went fairly smoothly, I first interviewed with the co-manager, then got called in for a second interview with the area manager from another state. Both interviewers asked very similar questions, so I was well prepped going into the 2nd interview. From that point I was confident that I got the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (San Diego, CA) in June 2016.

Interview

Went into the store asked for an application on Tuesday and turned it in with my resume on Thursday. Called me the weekend for a group interview the next weekend. She told me to dress like if you were to work at Windsor, but i suggest dressing professional with accessories. Interview was easy. nothing really asked about skills mostly fashion and what you can bring to the company. The group interview was me and another girl and only one of us was going to get the job. Near the end of the interview they gave each of us "and event" we had to pick out an outfit for. (ex: Baby shower, first date". After the interview they took about 4 days to email us if we got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself.
      Where do you get your fashion inspiration?
      How would you describe your style?
      When was the last time you shopped here?
      When was the last time you were on our website?
      What can you bring to Windsor?
      Why do you want to work here?
      What hours would you be available?
      Tell me about your last work experience.
      How do you think team members should act towards each other.
      How you like to be treated as a customer when you walk into the store?
      Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions in January 2016.

Interview

I had seen on the mall site they were hiring so I went in and filled out a application. I was asked to come in for a interview the next day. The interview was great, we mostly talked about theft prevention and fashion. After she asked me to fill out a background check and she'd call by Monday because she's having a job fair. So I'm patiently waiting.

Interview Questions

• Do you believe there are any rules that could be bent at work?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Look up top trends and dress accordingly to your interview.
    Smile and be yourself. They're testing your personality.

Anonymous Employee in Troy, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Troy, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I filled out my application in-store when i turned in my application they scheduled me for an interview for the following day. The interview went really well I was hired on spot. The only difficult part of the interview was probably the role playing portion where you have to find an outfit for a set scenario .

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Buffalo, NY) in October 2015.

Interview

I saw that there was a new store opening at the mall and said to email your resume to the address listed. That's what I did and about a week later received a call from one of the managers for an interview that same week. It was one on one with 2 managers who seem very nice, they had me fill out a paper application and then started. They asked ALOT of behavioral questions but I'll try to remember them. Anyways after that, they had me fill out a background check and we just made small talk and about a month later (a week before the store opens) the store manager called me and offered me the job :)

What is your favorite store?
    Describe your style
    What is the first thing you see when you walk in a store?
    Tell me how you think you can prevent shoplifting
    What are signs of someone who might be stealing

Interview Questions

• What do you look for in a company?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer   Answer Question
    • Why Windsor?   Answer Question
    • The store manager is in the back and you are the only person on the floor. A customer walks in, another customer is waiting to be let in the fitting room and a third is ready to checkout, in what order would you help the customers?   Answer Question
    • Where do you go for your fashion inspirations?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions in October 2015.

Interview

Had to wait 15 minutes for the interviewer to show. I was hired on the spot. I was asked basic questions. I actually applied a hours before I was called for an interview.

Interview Questions

• What did you do at your last job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Corona, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Corona, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The questions were pretty easy, they just ask personality and behavioral based questions.
    Most managers appreciate personality so letting your personality shine through makes them like you a lot more. they also want sales associates that plan to stay with the company and eventually move up.
    They like to know whats you're really about so don't be shy to tell them about your past jobs and why you are a great fit.

Interview Questions

• Q: Describe how your past work experience can help you in this job.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Riverside, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Riverside, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

I emailed my resume to the Windsor headquarters but never filled out an actual resume. I got a call 3 days later asking if I wanted to participate in a group interview that Thursday and of course I accepted. I thought the group interview would no bigger than 3-4 people but to my surprise there was about 11 of us and we all interviewed together. We all sat down and the Store manager had us answers some basic questions then job related questions. This went on for about 10-15 minutes then the unexpected part of the interview came. She explained we all were going to go back into the store and she would give each of us a scenario or type of person and we would have to create an outfit for that person or event. This was totally unexpected but so fun! Well to me anyways lol Once the time was up, we each one by one had to show our outfits to the store manager and when it was my turn she said I did a great job and asked me to fill out an application. After I did that, she looked it over and then handed me a background request form to fill out. I got excited because after other girls should their outfits all she told them was "okay, thank you for coming and if there's an opening you'll have a call by Monday". I assumed they didn't get the job. But once I filled out those papers she told me once they all clear at headquarters I'd be receiving a call back from her to come in and fill out more new hire papers. I was back in the store 2 days later. :)

Interview Questions

• How do you keep up with fashion trends and how would you describe your particular style?   Answer Question
    • When was the last time you shopped at Windsor?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever worked in retail before?   Answer Question
    • What is does your availability/schedule look like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Windsor Fashions (Indianapolis, IN) in August 2015.

Interview

Had one interview with the Store Manager, since I had so much retail experience I skipped the "first interview" process with an assistant manager or Co-manager. It was a simple interview in the back room of the store, pretty much what you would expect for a retail job.

Interview Questions

• How would you stop someone from shoplifting from your store/what would you do if an employee was stealing from the store?   Answer Question