Windstream Business Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Windstream

1.5

Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windstream (Charlotte, NC) in March 2011.

Interview

One phone call with HR then in-person interview with sales manager and lead.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

We would like to make you an offer at X, would you like to accept this position?

Other Interview Reviews for Windstream

Business Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Monroe, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Windstream (Monroe, GA) in April 2013.

Interview

Applied online. Got a call a few days later from a recruiter in Charlotte who left me a voicemail. I called back later that day, got her voicemail and left a message. I waited a few days and called back again and she answered and apologized, said she was calling people back geographically and did not get back around to me yet. She asked if I had 15 minutes for a phone interview, which we did right there. Typical questions, what makes you a good fit for this job, what do you know about the company, etc... After that call I was told I'd hear from the regional sales manager within 48 hours, which I did. We set up a face to face for a Wednesday and it was very informal. I was given information about the commission plan, typical work day, training, etc... He told me I was a great fit for the position and that I was the leading candidate. I heard phrases like "when you start..." and "when you're in the field..." so I was thinking I was in good shape. The interview ended by him saying he had one more person to interview and that he was going to make a decision either the next day or by Friday and that the recruiter would call me either way. I didn't hear anything by Friday and I tried calling the recruiter with no answer. On Monday I called the recruiter again, got voicemail, so I called the sales manager. He told me he had another person to interview that night and that I could followup with him Tuesday morning. On Tuesday morning I called him and he told me that it was down to me and one other person and that he needed to confer with his boss as to which one to choose and that would not happen until Friday. On Friday afternoon I called him and he told me they were going in another direction. I'm fairly certain this had been determined earlier and he should have said so. Don't tell someone they are the leading candidate and then not even make an offer. Everything seemed very loose and fly by the seat of your pants. That probably should have raised a red flag, but that's no longer my concern.

Interview Questions

• Not a single challenging question...   1 Answer