Windstream Network Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Windstream Network Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Windstream

2.2

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Windstream (Little Rock, AR).

Interview

My interview went very smoothly. The managers made me feel extremely comfortable which took away my nervousness. They weren't technical in the questioning at all and they didn't expect me to know everything about the technology they were using. The atmosphere in the office seemed to be extremely laid back.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Windstream

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Windstream (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I applied on my university job site and about a week later got a call to set up an interview. I had one interview with my current manager and head of engineering. The interview lasted about 1/2 hour and they asked the basic questions. None of the questions were well thought out or tested you. About 2 weeks later I got a job offer through the mail.

Interview Questions

• Generic Interview Questions...for instance, Where do you see yourself 5 years from now? and other pointless questions.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windstream (Little Rock, AR) in July 2011.

Interview

I was asked basic CCNA level network questions to gauge my knowledge of subnetting, wan and lan technologies. Nothing too hard if you know your stuff. If you can't subnet, you probably wouldn't pass that interview. It would be easy for an experienced person to pass, just know your stuff and you will do just fine.

Anonymous Employee in Little Rock, AR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Windstream (Little Rock, AR) in November 2011.

Interview

The interview process was a joke. Basically, I was hired because the manager was lazy and hadn't filled his empty seat. He boss was getting impatient. I got an interview because of who I knew. The interview was only with the hiring manager. He wanted me to know how smart he once was when he was an analyst. He didn't even care to see my resume. I laid a copy in front of him, and he didn't even turn it around to face him. It seemed like he was annoyed he had to have an interview to hire someone. He asked me one question but didn't care what my answer was. I was going to be hired because of who I knew.

This company pays way under market value. The management is highly unprofessional and forgot any technical skills they once had. Don't waste your time interviewing with them. There are better companies out there.

Interview Questions

• I was only asked one technical question: What is the difference between a router and a switch? Since I was new to networking at the time, I had no clue. However, the hiring manager didn't care what I said. I could have said routers were invented by unicorns, while switches are a type a cheese, and I would have still gotten the job. He only wanted to hear about my friendship with someone already in the company. That was all he cared about. He even told me he had to hire someone immediately because his boss was starting to get frustrated with him and he didn't give two cents as to whom he hired.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. It was, "here is the offer, take it or leave it.".

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windstream (Greenville, SC) in April 2016.

Interview

First call to schedule interview. Second was skype interview. Very basic networking questions about traceroute, public and private ip, difference between router and switch. Rest of the interview was behavioral. After a week, job offer through email.

Interview Questions

• traceroute, public and private ip, difference between router and switch.   Answer Question

Network Analyst Interview

Interview

Was asked standard job questions(job history, status,goals,etc) few technical questions here and there depending on position and role. Interviewer had answers to questions about organization, roles and expectations. Very laid back and easy going.

Interview Questions

• Asked understanding of IP network   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Windstream (Greenville, SC) in June 2018.

Interview

Hiring Manager just walked around and introduced me to co-workers and what they did. Never went back to office to conduct formal interview. The hiring manager was not professional during the whole process

Network Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Windstream.

Interview

It was in depth. A lot of CCNA and DSL questions. Mostly about Layer 2 and Layer 3 on the OSI. Took about 3 weeks to hear back about the job.

Network Analyst Interview

Interview

In person interview with three different people from the team you will be working on. They ask you questions about your networking knowledge and previous work history. They each take turns asking you questions. Most are behavioral but a few are technical.