Windstream Senior Account Executive Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Windstream Senior Account Executive Interview Questions

Interviews at Windstream

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windstream (Charlotte, NC) in January 2017.

Interview

Standard Phone screen with the recruiter for 15-20 mins. ,
I had a brief 1:1 with the hiring Director then I was invited to a Traditional panel interview 2 Directors and sales trainer. then I was requested to do a sales presentation based on a basic sales scenario.

Interview Questions

• How would you penetrate a difficult account.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Windstream

Anonymous Employee in Walnut Creek, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windstream (Walnut Creek, CA) in June 2010.

Interview

Lots of steps. Seems like Windstream screens the employees from multiple perspectives. On boarding was well done and efficient.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward negotiations. Not a lot of wiggle room, but a strong offer.

Anonymous Employee in Valdosta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Windstream (Valdosta, GA) in November 2011.

Interview

I interviewed with my future director then drove to a Georgia location for second / last interview with a Vice President. They were both impressive, the interview location was a dump. Embarrassing facilities. Neither the VP or my boss are with Windstream now. The process then was quick and efficient. Now, I believe it is a long, drawn out mess of weirdness.

Interview Questions

• How would you go about generating new business in your assigned area? Specifics of your plan and measurement matrix, please?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Windstream (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

The initial interview was a phone interview with a very nice man from the corporate HR team. That part of the interview was very informative and quiet honestly one of the most comfortable phone interviews I have ever had. Very conversational.

The next step was an in person interview at the local office I was applying to with the manager.
    This had to be one of the most awkward interviews ever. He was very late to the interview, which didn't upset me that much, but then it made sense once we were talking. The manager seemed almost in a bad mood, like he was doing me a favor even talking to me. I was a bit over qualified for the position, but due to the conversation with the initial employee I thought it sounded like a great company to grow with so I wanted to learn more.
    The interview with the manager was not difficult, just very uncomfortable, like he had a chip on his shoulder.
    I walked out of there knowing there was no way I would want to go work on his team. This made me a bit sad for Windstream, because as a whole I think it is a great company, this manager just put a sour taste in my mouth.
    The original interviewer did call me back to follow up, beyond professional, and I was very honest about my experience. He seemed to be very concerned and appreciated my feedback. I am not normally one to complain, but felt like since he had been so professional and made the effort to call to follow up I owed him my honesty.

Interview Questions

• Just the standard interview questions appeared he had not even glanced at my resume prior to our meeting.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Windstream (Lancaster, PA) in June 2014.

Interview

HR Phone screening process - led to two meetings with Manager first was a pre-screening and second was a questionnaire for the position- one call with Regional VP. Then had an offer meeting with the managing director.

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Windstream (Jacksonville, FL) in March 2012.

Interview

Very long and very detailed. One of the steps is role play. Interesting scenario. Had to role play both on phone and in person. Lots of questions. Given one particular name and had to research and use during entire hiring process. Very thourough. Had to show confidence, knowledge, preparation and professionalism. Several steps and different management and trainer interviews.

Interview Questions

• Work experience and why I beleive I would be a great asset.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Windstream (Atlanta, GA) in August 2015.

Interview

Initial phone call screening by hiring manager
    Phone interview by another department to qualify
    1on1 face-to-face with hiring manager
    role-play presentation with other internal employees and present your case
    several candidates selected

Hiring manager was professional and said he had multiple candidates with industry experience. Skill assessment review to assess sales skills, transferable industry product knowledge and business acumen.

Interview Questions

• Who would you contact in your network if you are the selected candidate?   Answer Question