Winegardner & Hammons Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Winegardner & Hammons Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2016

2.4

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winegardner & Hammons.

Interview

Phone screen with the outgoing HR Director. Met with GM. Met with Regional Manager and Corporate HR. Two candidates were selected for the Gallup phone screen. This was difficult to prepare for and took about an hour on the phone. Met the VP of HR & Ops in Cincy after the offer was made.

Interview Questions

• Several questions about union avoidance - employee relations.
      They use Gallup for their selection process - Required a phone interview with an "expert perceiver" who offered their "expert perception" of you. Very selective - WHG wants the right people on their team; or at least generally the same people which doesn't require them to change their management style much.
      1 Answer

Director of Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Winegardner & Hammons (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

It was very lengthy. I was applying for a Property Level Positon. I interviewed with the GM and then flew to Cincinnati to interview with the VP of Sales and Regional DOS and Regional DOO

Interview Questions

• Nothing weird, the usual - Why do you thinnk you are a good fit? What is your strongest point? What is your weakest   1 Answer

Negotiation

They actually offered me more money than I was going to ask for, so I am glad I did not name a figure during that little dance.

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Online test first to even be asked for an interview. Interview with HR, then Front Desk manager,Assistant GM, and then General Manager. Of course, interviewing all 4 in the same day did not happen so I had to come in on 3 different days. Interview questions were not hard, each person was actually very enjoyable to converse with.

Interview Questions

• Can you be available 24/7?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation and my rate of pay was not what I was told. Howver, it was immediately corrected when addressed. My manager really went out of her way for her employees and was a great leader. She was promoted and her replacement was no where close to being a good manager which just breed negativity amoung the associate s

Management Training Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winegardner & Hammons in February 2014.

Interview

regular interview process, on-campus recruiting, they mostly ask vague questing and expect you to say situations based on the questions they asked. I have had many interviews with different programs however this was definitely not a positive one

Interview Questions

• the questions were extremely vague for example: how do you handle adversity?   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Clearwater Beach, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winegardner & Hammons (Clearwater Beach, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

I submitted a resume and application in person at the property and was called for an interview by the HR manager roughly two weeks later. It was one interview where I met with the HR Manager and then my immediate supervisor and then a brief meeting with the assistant general manager. They offered me the position on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Restaurant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Spartanburg, SC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winegardner & Hammons (Spartanburg, SC) in December 2010.

Interview

I was asked questions regarding my future in business as well as general skills. This was a transition from one company to another, so the process may not be standard. I was asked to prove my successes as well as questions about general duties to see if they equated to a position available within the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked specifically what my restaurant rankings were.   1 Answer