Wingate by Wyndham Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 2, 2017

2.2

Night Auditor/Front Desk Agent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fayetteville, NC

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wingate by Wyndham (Fayetteville, NC).

Interview

This was a two interview process over the course of two days. I first met with the AGM, then had a second interview with the Front Desk Manager the following day. They both provided a very thorough overview of the hotel's philosophy. I was then asked questions about my background, experience/work history, knowledge of the area, and possible scenarios I would be faced with once employed. I took a 3 page questionnaire and completed a security background check. I was told they had received over 400 resumes/applications in 48 hours and that they were interviewing a dozen people for the one position. If you get an interview, I highly recommend that you dress to impress and come prepared. Don't just sit there and answer questions; make sure that you talk. After I was hired, I was told that my ability to hold a conversation was one of the deciding factors. Good luck!

Interview Questions

• When I contact your last supervisor and ask which area of your work needs the most improvement, what will I learn?   Answer Question

Front Desk Agent Interview

Interview

Quick and easy. Interview took place in the board room with the AGM. You have to answer some basic questions on paper as well as talking about it. You will be more noticed if you know a little bit about the property and the area.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wingate by Wyndham (Frisco, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

It was a face to face interview. The manager went through basic questions of my previous work history and my availability. Was pretty much hired on the spot due to a shortage of working staff at the time.

Interview Questions

• Q: Are you looking for a job that will be steady or will move you up in life?   Answer Question

Guest Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Champaign, IL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wingate by Wyndham (Champaign, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

I had an interview before I had filled out an application, I walked in and spoke with the manager about a summer internship and soon after that I began work, and finally filled out the application after I was hired.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Front Desk Agent Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wingate by Wyndham.

Interview

During the interview, I was told one thing and schedules and locations of work were altered. They didn't meet my minimum pay requirement.

Negotiation

there was no negotiation, I interviewed for one location and was expected to work further out, and I was never informed prior to interview.

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cedar Falls, IA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wingate by Wyndham (Cedar Falls, IA) in August 2013.

Interview

I sat in with the GM and he went over the job requirements to start. We then discussed my computer knowledge since that was an integral part of the position. After that we discussed my personal life and how I relate with people. He asked standard scenarios questions which were pretty easy an dI didn't need preparation for.

Interview Questions

• How did you deal with an employee who you saw stealing from the company?   Answer Question

Guest Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Edmonton, AB (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wingate by Wyndham (Edmonton, AB (Canada)) in October 2014.

Interview

I had 2 interviews and mainly asked regarding background with the nature of work and asked to describe youself. A little chit chat to get to know you more and your boss.