Wingspan Portfolio Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wingspan Portfolio Interview Questions

2.3

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio.

Interview

The interview consisted of a written test and a brief formal interview. They actually employed quite a number of people back then, because they were given a project to do by BOA.

Interview Questions

• What were your past job experiences, how would you handle a troublesome colleague, what is the first thing you do when you get to your desk in the morning.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no negotiation phase.

Proposal Writer Interview

Interview

Contacted by the firm and asked to apply, went through usual submission online (forms + resume) and made appointment with would-be manager. Appropriate question and response session about professional experience relating to the position - either a person knows how to work in the RFP line of business and express the tools and strategies for success, or it'll be obvious a person is faking it. The would-be manager was very bright and energetic. The interview ended and then the follow-up interview was repeatedly forgotten or re-scheduled by the Manager's direct boss, so the firm basically eliminated themselves from consideration after that disrespectful treatment.

Interview Questions

• How do you get information to respond to a specific question from a difficult to reach, full of excuses, always busy executive?   1 Answer

FHA Claim Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio (Frisco, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Job Fair, take a basic assessment of skills, and meet with a company recruiter

Interview Questions

• nothing too difficult or unexpected just general experience questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for a fair market rate

Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in June 2012.

Interview

Hiring process was short, interviewed with a former VP and took a couple of weeks because of the background check.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation, they made offer.

Senior Underwriter Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio (Dallas, TX) in January 2013.

Interview

You will speak to upper management then to supervisors and also take a test to be sure that you are able to do the job asked. You will be told about the position and expectations pertaining to it in detail.

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Frisco, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio (Frisco, TX).

Interview

Disorganized "Cattle Call" at Plano Workforce. Hundreds waited for hours because they didn't specify mortgage experience & they shuffled the sign-in sheets. (should have taken this as a "sign") told I would be called but no. tried to ask, but got a smart-aleck lady. 3rd interview was ok. bullcrap. yuk. interviewed 3 times. not an easy process.

Negotiation

they called me with an offer, and it was less than I made before and I was told "it is not negotiable." Was hired at $16, but newbies were hired at $18.00. plenty of people were mad, and we were told they had experience is why they got more. I had experience too. They finally matched my salary (almost), but no benefits going on a year there. They only increased people's salary when they were ashamed of how they had treated people. Worst place I ever worked, but the coworkers were nice.

Business Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio.

Interview

Initial interview was satisfactor, other interviews by upper mgmt were non-intutive and bordering on hostile and non-interest.

Interview Questions

• How to bail them out of a problem they had with one of their clients.....now why would I do that when I am not on their payroll.   1 Answer

Customer Advocate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Carrollton, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio (Carrollton, TX) in July 2012.

Interview

I attended a job fair exactly a week prior to my interview and it was clear at that time that I wanted the job and that I would be called for an interview. I waited two business days and was contacted for an interview by an HR Manager who was friendly and professional. Hours later another manager called to tell me what time to come in for that interview. So far I loved the managers I had met. The following day, I interviewed with a manager who was kind and a little more serious than the others. My only concern at this point is will I become a permanent employee or one of the eternal contractors I saw socializing rather than working. In the interview, I received no guarantee that I'd move up. My mortgage experience seemed irrelevant. I was told that I needed to shine in order to get recognized. And I will.

One thing you should know: There's a test! It's not difficult if you know the difference between a Sentence and a Fragment, have critical thinking skills and have prepared answers for potential interview questions.

Interview Questions

• None were difficult. You should know how to answer questions like: How did you handle a challenging situation at your job. Strengths and Weaknesses. Relationship with former boss. Things you didn't like about former job. Why did you leave. The dress code and appearance of some of the employees gave me a false sense of security; however the interview was not a super relaxed interview!   Answer Question

Negotiation

I didn't negotiate because it was more than I expected it to be!

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carrollton, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio (Carrollton, TX) in April 2011.

Interview

It was an ok experience. Overall, its not about what you know but who you know. they are very flexible, but I think you stand a better chance of moving up if youre popular.

Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wingspan Portfolio in September 2012.

Interview

The interview was great. I did not have to wait long indicating they were ready and prompt. There were a series of 1:1 interviews with my direct manager, their manager and a brief meet and greet with the CEO.