Winn-Dixie Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 18, 2017

1.6

74 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Cashier Interview

Interview

I applied online and called a few days later to follow up. To my surprise they hired me without even telling me or setting up an interview! They had me come in to give my SSN and some basic info, then told me I needed to change and start work (which they never told me on the phone). I was able to leave but quit 5 months later.

Other Interview Reviews for Winn-Dixie

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview

It was fairly easy. I'm pretty sure they just needed someone for the position and offered me the job on the spot. Went over hours and what was expected of me.

Interview Questions

• What are some traits that would make you a good fit here?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview

Basic questions they asked like why did you apply to winn dixie. Manager was very easy going, just go in and answers the questions as best as you can. Only thing is when I applied to the store they took around 3 months to get to my resume and call me in for an interview which I have forgotten about

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Jupiter, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty much a waste of time. Manager read questions from a clipboard. Had me walk around the store with him and talk to customers as if i was already working there. Most awkward experience ever. People looked and talked to me as if i was crazy. Went back into the room behind the customer service desk after that and he asked me about my availability and ended the interview by telling me there was only one position left (which was a bagger) and not the position i applied to. I really wish he told me that on the phone prior to scheduling an interview because this was the biggest waste of time. Asked me if had any questions after that and i said no and he just said thanks for coming in today and that was it. No call after that or anything. Biggest waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had excellent customer service (something like that), What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview a week later. Interview process took about a week, and the questions were fairly easy considering the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer who is trying to use expired coupons on our items?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lauderhill, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Lauderhill, FL).

Interview

It took roughly 2 weeks and a few follow up calls after i applied online to get the interview. It was done right behind the customer service desk in a small room. I waited about an hour for the store director to speak to me. He asked me a few questions such as: why do you want to work here? How much are you expecting to make? How friendly of a person are you? How do you handle pressure? Soon after that, he told me my pay, $7.25 back in 2007, and ill be going to orientation and training the next week. Wasn't too stressful, not completely professional because he was stuttering a bit, but definitely could've been worse.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle pressure?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ponte Vedra Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Ponte Vedra Beach, FL).

Interview

Took about 10 minutes, ask me if I've worked before and I have, ask me what hobbies I have and that was it. Was in the cafe area. They usually do a walk around of the store but I never got one. *note, was not given position applied for but given lower position*

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Tampa, FL) in August 2016.

Interview

There really was no interview for my store. I sent my application in, i was told i'd get a call, went to the store when i didnt get a call (they like to see people who actually care about getting the job), got an interview on the spot, was asked basic interview questions, got called back for another interview (which wasnt really an interview it was just the managers telling me i got the job), and bam now i work here.

Interview Questions

• What would make you a good fit for our team?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Ocala, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Ocala, FL).

Interview

I walked into the cash office and took a seat with the FEM. She looked over my application and asked me typical interview questions while asking about my availability. I was told I got the job at the end of the interview - probably lasted 15 minutes total.

Anonymous Employee in Saint Simons Island, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Saint Simons Island, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

The store supervisor mostly asked me questions about my personality and interests. Then to my surprise he had me walk around the store with him to see how well I interact with customers! I was very nervous about doing that, but once I got out on the floor it was easy and fun.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you gave exceptional customer service   Answer Question