Winn-Dixie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 30, 2017

1.9

Bakery Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phenix City, AL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Phenix City, AL).

Interview

It was myself and 2 managers, I got hired on the spot, that very same day they began the hiring process, I filled out my I9 and went for the drug screen.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw another employee shoplifting?   1 Answer

Produce Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ormond Beach, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Ormond Beach, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

They asked several questions about your behavior in the work place how do u cope under pressure and how u work with others and about your work ethics and if u enjoyed working in that type of environment

Interview Questions

• How do u work under pressure?   1 Answer

Deli Clerk Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Miramar, FL) in February 2017.

Interview

Very brief with Manager. We spoke about my background and experience I had for the position. I was shown were I would be working and who I would be working with at the time.

Center Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (New York, NY).

Interview

Manager called me into his office, we sat down for about 20 minutes, he told me about his work experience at Winn Dixie, then reviewed with me all the duties of my new job.

Interview Questions

• Asked me about any previous work experience.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jupiter, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Jupiter, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Pretty much a waste of time. Manager read questions from a clipboard. Had me walk around the store with him and talk to customers as if i was already working there. Most awkward experience ever. People looked and talked to me as if i was crazy. Went back into the room behind the customer service desk after that and he asked me about my availability and ended the interview by telling me there was only one position left (which was a bagger) and not the position i applied to. I really wish he told me that on the phone prior to scheduling an interview because this was the biggest waste of time. Asked me if had any questions after that and i said no and he just said thanks for coming in today and that was it. No call after that or anything. Biggest waste of my time.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had excellent customer service (something like that), What are your strengths and weaknesses?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2016.

Interview

Applied online and received a call for an interview a week later. Interview process took about a week, and the questions were fairly easy considering the role I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• How would I handle a customer who is trying to use expired coupons on our items?   Answer Question

Part Time Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview

I got a call about a week after applying online for a PT Cashier position. We scheduled an interview for Friday. The interview was with the store manager, not the person who called me for an interview. The first part of the interview was basic questions, availability education etc. then a series of scripted questions that the manager didn't take too serious. We talked for 15 minutes and afterwards I did a walk through the store with him and had to greet customers for about 10 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you worked as a team?   1 Answer

Bagger Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Tampa, FL) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying online, I was called by the Front-End Manager five days after. She asked me to come in the day after the next and she conducted an interview that lasted about 10 minutes long. The questions were pretty easy; see below for examples. She told me that she would have to bring me back in later, if I was hired. I got a call four days later to come in and bring a Photo ID and Social Security number. We went over everything and hired me there.

Grocery Stocker Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie in September 2016.

Interview

Manager used vulgar language (though not directed at me), berated employees behind their back (during the interview), and periodically checked his phone and texted during the interview. He was friendly in a personal way; but certainly not someone I would want to work for. He got off topic several times, and drew the interview out to over an hour. Was unclear as to whether this was a permanent or seasonal position when I inquired.

Interview Questions

• If a customer asked where something was while you were stocking, what would you do?   1 Answer

Read the reviews on glassdoor, and observed dysfunction among employees and management in all departments throughout the store.

Customer Service Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Petersburg, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Saint Petersburg, FL) in September 2016.

Interview

Simple application online. A behavioral assessment is mandatory.
    A couple days later, I was called in to interview the next day.
    The General Store Manager conducted the interview.
    After the interview, I was asked to come back the next day for the background check.

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about yourself, What experience do you have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

The manager asked what I was hoping for in terms of compensation. I threw out a number, and they countered with more.