Winn-Dixie Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 25, 2017

1.9

Meat Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wesley Chapel, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Wesley Chapel, FL) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was done in 3 parts. First you sit down with the store manager and assistant store manager and they ask you questions, usual procedure, then you walk around the store with the assistant where you are introduced to employees, all the while your supposed to smile and greet guests (yes, in your interview clothes). Afterwards you go back, interview some more and then they'll let you know when they plan to make a decision. Honestly, for me, I felt like for the job I was interviewing for they were asking too many questions and wanted too specific of answers. I felt like I was being interrogated for a minimum wage job.

Interview Questions

• Where was somewhere you've been recently where you had great guest service? And why was it so great?   1 Answer

Retail Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied online and had to record my responses to interview questions. I then received a phone call and interviewed over the phone. We then followed up over email and through a few weeks had a couple more phone calls.

Grocery Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Myers, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Fort Myers, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I had the store manager and grocery manager and it was a good constructive interview. I was asked a range of questions from Personality to Punctuality. One thing I didn't like was the fact I thought I was interviewing for a day position only to find out it was overnight.

Interview Questions

• How I would handle if i saw anyone steal?   1 Answer

Apr 12, 2016 – Employment Branding Specialist

We apologize for the miscommunication regarding the role you interviewed for. Make sure you look to see what daytime positions are available on our careers website. Again, we are very sorry that role ... More

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New Port Richey, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (New Port Richey, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Manager did the routine interview, asking questions and such, then after had me pass out flyers to customers and greet them as if I was actually working there. Then came back into the office, filled out tax forms on a computer and discussed the background screening process

Interview Questions

Winn-Dixie Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Employment Branding Specialist

We've happy to have you on the team and we hope you enjoy your new role!

Deli Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lady Lake, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Lady Lake, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied online for all available positions and received a call back for an interview around a week later (honestly might not have been that long). I went in for my interview for Deli Associate and was very excited. I interviewed with the front end manager while waiting for the Deli Manager to become available, and then interviewed with both of them (I was feeling very good about this interview as it seemed to be going very well), then I had to wait for the Store Manager to come up and do his part of the interview. This was all on a Friday so I was sent for my Drug Test on Monday. Now I am just waiting for my background to come back, I do have two misdemeanors on my record and I did explain them to the management during the interviews, as well as explain I have removed myself from the situation that caused them. Recently I called and spoke with the manager to check up on things and she told me they are just waiting for the Background and she isn't sure if my records is holding it up(she said it might have had to go to corporate for approval) or if it's just taking a bit of time to come back... I do know I'm going to love working with this store if my background allows me to as they all seem like really good people, and I've always heard good things about the company in general as an employer.

Interview Questions

• What was an instance where you had to use teamwork to solve a problem?   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in March 2016.

Interview

Good questions from the store manager, well seasoned thinking. I shop at this store and have for a number of years. the workers are well trained and well schooled on customer service and team building. There has always seemed to be a great sense of friendship among the employees, which is a currency of it's own. I have always felt the store manager is a particularly fine manager and leader .
    which is more important to you to have good pay and benefits or to have a good boss? thecorrect answer is --- good boss.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in Winn Dixie in the next 10 years.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Simons Island, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Saint Simons Island, GA) in March 2016.

Interview

The store supervisor mostly asked me questions about my personality and interests. Then to my surprise he had me walk around the store with him to see how well I interact with customers! I was very nervous about doing that, but once I got out on the floor it was easy and fun.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you gave exceptional customer service   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie.

Interview

The interview lasted only about 5 minutes, and they asked typical interview questions. Because it was my first job interview, I felt that some of the questions were difficult, but they could be easy to anyone with experience. I was asked around 5 or so questions, and when it was over, interviewer told me I would get called for a second interview if picked. I was called, but I didn't have a second interview.

Interview Questions

Winn-Dixie Response

Apr 11, 2016 – Employment Branding Specialist

Congratulations on the offer! We are excited to have you on the team and we hope you have a wonderful experience with Winn-Dixie!

Center Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Miramar, FL) in January 2016.

Interview

The interview was a laid-back, 45 minute long chat with 2 managers. We talked about availability, pay, and job requirements. Overall, the interview was promising and simple. I was offered the job and employed about 3 days later.

Interview Questions

• What is one recent example of a situation in which you displayed leadership?   Answer Question

Store Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Winn-Dixie (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2015.

Interview

General recruiter called me to do a 30 minute interview. Completed a hire view interview of five questions then was asked to fly to corporate offices for interview and floor tour with market and regional teams. Was told less than a week later that an offer was on the table and they needed one more person to sign off on it, then never heard back from them.

Interview Questions

• Normal questions, experience, background, some scenario questions with dealing with difficult associates and how would I fix a problem store.   1 Answer

Apr 11, 2016 – Employment Branding Specialist

We apologize for the negative interview experience and our lack of communication; we take full responsibility for that. Thank you for being available and we appreciate your time and patience during ... More