Winners Interview Questions in Toronto, ON | Glassdoor

Winners Interview Questions in Toronto, ON

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

The store manager who interviewed me was really nice. The interview itself was about 30 minutes, mostly standard question like:
    -tell me about your previous work experience
    -tell me about yourself
    -tell me about the time you dealt with rude customer
    -tell me about your most stressful day at work
    Etc.

Overall, I enjoyed to work there. The atmosphere within the store was nice, coworkers and management are friendly and supportive.

Store Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)).

Interview

Applied online. Got a call about 2 weeks later for an interview. Had to wait around as when I got there for a 10 am interview all the employees were having a team meeting or something. Finally went up to let them know I was there. The person who called me apparently didn't tell the interviewer that I was coming as she was confused at first. Then I had to fill out another application, that asks everything that was on my resume anyway. Finished that, taken to office to answer questions. The actual interview was about 30 mins minus the time I had to wait and fill out the application. Had to give another copy of my resume over as well.

Interview Questions

• At what time/situation would it be ok to NOT follow procedure?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had a high pressure situation and how you dealt with it?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Thornhill, ON (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

Filled out an application in store, got a call a week later asking to come in for an interview. Hiring manager was very nice and made me feel comfortable. Asked some basic questions about work experience as well as situational.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a disagreement with a manager and what you did to solve it.   Answer Question

Sale Assosiet Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

The interview was one by one and the person who had intewiew with it was the hiring person she asked me a lot of questions about my previous job and challenge question it was a little difficult for me because I did not expect those questions

Interview Questions

• When you see the safety hazard what you will do   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2016.

Interview

Quick and Simple.The interview lasted for 1 hour. There were lots of standard retail related situational questions. Honestly it felt too long for just a minimum wage job. My interviewer was good. If you are selected you would have to attend a two days orientation which seems bit long. They just go over their customer service and Health & Safety policies.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when you dealt with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2016.

Interview

I applied in store and I got a call back after a couple of days asking me to go to an interview. It was a 1 on 1 interview with the manager, she asked basic questions and asked what I would do in certain scenarios, all in all the interview wasn't that hard at all just try to be as genuine as you can and I'm sure you'll be fine . After a week I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions like:
      What are your strengths and weaknesses
      How are you as a team player
      Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbridge, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Winners (Woodbridge, ON (Canada)) in February 2016.

Interview

went into a room with the manager one on one . manager made me feel very comfortable . the manager asked a couple questions that were quite easy to answer . it all went well .

Interview Questions

• describe a time you had to deal with an angry customer , and how did you resolve it .   Answer Question

P/T Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Etobicoke, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Winners (Etobicoke, ON (Canada)) in November 2015.

Interview

talked with Assistant manager. one on one and they asked basic interview questions one-on-one interview between the applicant and a hiring manager. The interviewer will ask questions about the applicant's experience and skills, work history, availability, and the qualifications the company is seeking in the optimal candidate for the job.

Anonymous Employee in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Received a phone interview/screening a week later. Was invited to a one-on-one interview at one of their other locations. Interviewed by the store manager. Filled out an application form beforehand so arrive 10-15 mins earlier than scheduled interview and bring 2-3 references.

Interview Questions

• If there was a safety hazard, what would you do?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever had a disagreement with a manager? If so, how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with your life right now?   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Winners (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2015.

Interview

I applied online through their website. After two weeks I received a phone call from a recruiter and he told that they wanted some people to start asap. I expressed my interest in the opportunity. First he explained me the hours and the location. Then he asked me some simple behavioural questions and about past experience. In the end we scheduled an interview for a face to face meeting for next week. I went to a location store for the face to face interview, The recruiter in here was a different from the one who called me. She was not very polite. She asked me some behavioural questions. She seemed like she was not listening at all what I was saying. She laughed at my face when I told her my availability by saying that this did not depend on me but on the store hours. I told her that is why we are here to reach an agreement with each other or not. There is no need to laugh at each other. I was very surprised by her attitude. It tells a lot about the company culture. In the end I left with a really bad feeling.

Interview Questions

• -Describe a situation in which you were able to use persuasion to successfully convince someone to see things your way.

-Describe a time when you were faced with a stressful situation that demonstrated your coping skills.

-Give me an example of a time when you set a goal and were able to meet or achieve it.

-Give me a specific example of a time when you had to conform to a policy with which you did not agree.

-Tell me about a time when you had to go above and beyond the call of duty in order to get a job done.
      Answer Question