Wintrust Financial Credit Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wintrust Financial Credit Analyst Interview Questions

2.7

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL).

Interview

The process was lengthy and strenuous at times, but the actual face-to-face interviews were very casual more of a "get to know you" experience. Overall, it took 3-4 months before I received an official offer and there were four interviews conducted within that time frame; this position is very competitive and there are a lot of applicants to weed through.

Interview Questions

• Why was University your school of choice?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wintrust Financial

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting and received an invitation for a phone interview a week after. The interviewer was very pleasant and genuinely wanted to know myself and my interest in this industry. For me , the initial questions were going over your resume, then it shifted towards commercial banking, and then the particular position.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial.

Interview

Was interviewed on campus and then offered a face to face interview. The second interview was at the office in Downtown Chicago. The atmosphere was very quiet with cubicles in the middle of the room surrounded by offices for managers.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Took 2 weeks. Applied, phone interview, came in for an interview with 2 execs. Was offered the job later that week. Wanted to make sure my career goals aligned with the company. Long-term growth. Great building - it's the old Lehman Brothers office.

Interview Questions

• Wanted to find a good fit, made sure my skills were on par.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation available with entry-mid level position.

Anonymous Employee in Northbrook, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Northbrook, IL).

Interview

One phone interview and one face to face. Quick offer, not much salary negotiation. It was one of the less intensive interview processes I have experienced. The questions were basic, but i feel that i am over qualified fro the position. I would rate it a 7 out of ten.

Interview Questions

• Where do you wee yourself in the company in 5 years.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Negotiation attempted, no success.

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL) in June 2014.

Interview

Quick process, more about capabilities than GPA or education
    Test people skills and watch your interactions
    Look into your accomplishments and how they are applicable'
    Hiring was quick. Need was immediate for the program.

Credit Analyst Interview

Interview

Met representatives on campus. Went to info session. Got an on campus interview. Really nice people, but I think they would like to hire people that are familiar with the local area since they are a community bank.

Credit Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial in January 2013.

Interview

Simple interview process, interviewed with manager one time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

Had my resume forwarded by an alum, sent it April 6, 2012. Took a month before I received an interview offer. Was invited to their downtown Chicago office. From there, I was taken into a boardroom with several other applicants and was told to fill out a paper application while we waited for our interviews. The paper applications requested general information and for things like education - even high school education. Then on the last page it asked for 3 references. There also several essay questions. Seemed pointless and should have had the candidates fill it out online. The interviews were set up to be in 30 minute intervals, I met with 5 VP's and 1 credit analyst. Interviews were mostly "walk me through your resume" or conversational. Personal relationship building, having some idea about commercial banking and having good questions would be key things to have. A lot of ex-JPM employees work here and they are looking for candidates who will stay long term. The primary location for this position, initially will be in Skokie, IL at their North Shore Bank - with occasional travel to the downtown office. Felt like the interview went pretty well. Did not receive a response till a week later saying they would have their decisions the following week. A week passed and I did not hear back - assuming they just forgot to email my rejection or I am in a secondary candidate pool.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wintrust Financial (Chicago, IL) in May 2012.

Interview

I have so far only made it to the 1st interview and am waiting to see if I have made it to the second round of interviews. The first round of interviews was extensive, I met with six different people over the course of two hours, switching people every 20 minutes.