Wipro Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Wipro Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.7

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in May 2015.

Interview

Had a weird group interview where four or five of us were on Skype and were posed a question by HR. The HR guy watched as we discussed. Then, was invited back for a Skype interview with an employee at Wipro...who rescheduled my interview 20 minutes before it was supposed to start, then was over 20 minutes late to the rescheduled time...and then proceeded to ask very few question and talk mostly about himself. I had another interview with an HR woman in India...who also didn't bother to let me know she'd be late to the call until it was after its start time, and then was an additional 15 minutes late when we began. In short, if punctuality is one of your values, you may be frustrated by the interview process.

Interview Questions

Poor salary offer - $62K base for an MBA from a top 50 university plus 3 years of relevant work experience. They guaranteed $14K in bonuses for the first year, so the salary was up to $76K for year 1. Guaranteed 2nd year bonus raise of an additional $4K. So, first year = $76K, 2nd = $80K.

When asked about how the salary appeared lower than those for similar positions on Glassdoor, was told of Wipro's "tiered" policy. They have arbitrary cutoffs based on school rankings where the top 30 or so schools get an extra salary boost of nearly $10K. Just for being the #30 school instead of the #31 school based on subjective rankings by newspapers and magazines that want to sell their products. Perhaps you can sense that my school was just below the cutoff line, so I wasn't happy to hear about that. Sorry to those who are viewed as tier 3 schools...not sure how much more of a hit you'll take for that.

Final question for me: Do I want to be a part of an organization that judges based on a school's name rather than the person's abilities? For me, No.

Java Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL).

Interview

They Don't waste much time in entire hiring process. But they don't schedule the interview in advance. If you miss a call from them, don't expect a VM . I had Skype interview

Interview Questions

• How to find the Total no. of objects (of a particular class) created by any means of object creation.   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied through our campus website and got an interview invitation on the next day. I chose a time slot at 11:00 AM, so I did not need to wait too long for the group interview. The interview question was pretty standard. However, when the interview just started, the interviewer had already keep looking at the clock on the wall. The interview just lasted about 15 minutes. In the afternoon, we had a group interview, which was a case discussion. It was simple, and no standard answers.I never get any response back.

Interview Questions

• Why did you leave your last job? Give an example about how to handle a challenge situation. etc.   Answer Question

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in May 2013.

Interview

Worst HR experience ever. Completely unprofessional, rude and demeaning. In the process I was asked illegal questions like marital status and number of kids. The HR was completely unprofessional and several times in the process made me wonder why I was interviewing with them. The HR asked me switch on my web cam for a Skype interview but did not switch on his. There was complete disregard for my time. I had quoted a salary at the beginning of the process but was in the end offered something much lower. Wipro is the kind of company which has zero value for the work you did or the educational background you have. All they care about is the number of years. It does not matter if you were peeling vegetables during those years.

On the good side the people who took my technical interviews - People I would work with were quite nice, honest and intelligent. Too bad they are dependent on a ridiculous HR department.

Interview Questions

• If you want money Wipro is the wrong place to be. Now tell me how much salary will you accept.   Answer Question

The HR. Even if they had met my expectation or beat it by 30%, I would not have accepted their offer because of the unprofessionalism shown during the process which I am sure echos throughout the organization.

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in March 2012.

Interview

The Interview was simple. The interviewer tried to understand the skills and if the person was capable of doing the job. The interview was based on the client requirement. There was an interview with the client manager as well who wanted to know future professional goals.

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in August 2011.

Interview

Technical Interview, Manager Interview, HR Interview

Interview Questions

• For a Mainframes Test Lead positions, the expectation was to have an exposure of a mid-level Mainframes developer. As I was a Mainframes developer already, it was better easy for me. Questions include: Complex SQL designing, JCL - SORT cards etc, Testing best practices, Tools experiences: QC, Test Director and questions on these tools   Answer Question

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Chicago, IL) in August 2010.

Interview

It was a long interview, up to an hour over the phone with two technical guys and the HR person. I don't know if the client was that strict with the qualifications, but the interview questions were very detailed in the technical perspective. Talk about down-to-the-semicolons-in-the-code-line detailed. Prior to applying for this job I had 3 years extensive experience in software development, then the last 2 years was more on production support, so admittedly it was not easy to recall the gritty details, although I KNOW where to find and how to do what they are asking. I am not by the book person, and that keeps me open to new approaches to a code solution/implementation. Apparently they are looking for a by the book person, who can memorize the program's reference guides up to the last punctuation mark.

I'd like to be fair in thinking that the client they are working for needs a highly-technical resource, but I felt this was not a fair assessment of an applicant's abilities. Halfway during the interview, they made me feel quite worthless. Needless to say, the interview was a stressful one, and I was expecting (and was actually relieved) that they would not contact me after this ordeal.

My only advice to potential Software Developers is to really study for the interview, and be ready for extremely technical questions. They are quite challenging.

Soon after, I applied for one of their competitors, and they [competitor] did WAY better in terms of considering my qualifications. They did not ask a lot about which particular XML tag I need to update, but rather actually looked at my timeline in my resume and then asked me the right questions, some technical, but basic ones. And then they asked: "How confident are you in getting back in the position as a Software Developer?" They actually assessed my POTENTIAL, and they made me feel like I actually am worth something.

P.S. I got the job from the competitor for a 6-month contract and I proved to be an extremely valuable resource. When the contract ended, they actually offered me an extension - repeatedly, under a different deal, if you know what I mean. It felt good to be appreciated like that. I respectfully declined because of relocation restrictions (the work was out-of-state), and I was just not quite ready for that.

Interview Questions

• What particular files need to be updated in the system's config directory to update this specific data? Name them, the particular tasks/jobs that are responsible for this, and whether or not they can be scheduled.   1 Answer
    • What particular code line should be updated in order to change this particular function [desired outcome]?   1 Answer