Wipro Interview Questions in Irving, TX | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Build and Release Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irving, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro (Irving, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter located me and sent over a Job Description of what their client was seeking. In the initial contact with the recruiter an inquiry to what salary range I was seeking was discussed.

Phone Interview with a WiPro representative to validate my technical prowess. I cleared this stage with just a comment I needed to brush on on one area (an area I already knew was not my strongest -- ORACLE asm/rac)

Another Phone interview with their client - Two of the client's representatives screened me on my Technical and Interpersonal skills. I was able to ask in-depth questions regarding the organization and the position. Client requested a face to face meeting

Face to Face meeting at the client site with the team and leadership. An hour + interview with the team commanding most of the meeting to inquiry to my problem-solving, technical, and troubleshooting prowess. Final few minutes I was able to challenge them on their environment (workflow / work-life) and what forthcoming challenges the team is projecting.

Back to the recruiter (phone call) contacting me stating that the client would like to proceed with on-boarding. The recruiter sent over their package of benefits and perks. Im assuming all is well since I had already listed my salary range on the initial contact and there was no mention of an issue. Here is where the recruiter turned into a Used-Car Salesman and told me that they were 'capped' as a rate considerably much lower then my minimum. A rate that I was earning 15 years ago -- What a slap in the face!

We went round and round with the recruiter getting uglier about my lack of interacting with ORACLE. I retorted that ORACLE is a focused area and in the big picture a small area. Not to mention that the client is aware of this weakness and still wants to move forward. Recruiter was adamant that this justified his inability to renegotiate the rate and started making up some line of discussion that he told me before all of this what the client's range was. I responded that up until this phone call all our discussions were in e-mail and I show no where in those discussions was that lower rate stipulated. Had I known I would have never moved forward on this opportunity!

Now looking back at this event - I should have seen some red flags:

Recruiter reach out via e-mail but does not list alternate contact methods (phone or office mailing address) other than his WiPro e-mail account.

Job Description is not in line with the client's job description - Completely different.

Offer only verbal and speculative. Recruiter requested online application submission and a hard-copy form submission after all the meetings with the client.

Final bit of advice - Proceed with Caution in your dealings with WiPro

Interview Questions

• Technical: General Operating System questions - Specific Application interaction with Operating System

Interpersonal: How to handle projects/deadlines - Am I more an Individual or a Team player - Describe an event where I was challenged
      Answer Question