Wipro Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Wipro Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA

2.7

Firewall Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wipro.
    Interview
    Well this review is for the HR department of Wipro. Here is how they go:
    1. Talent acquisition calls you
    2. They will get initial feedback and ask to schedule an interview
    3. Once confirmed they will say interview scheduler will schedule your interview with the interview panel.
    4. You receive email with all the details
    5. You join the conference call, with video enabled. They can see you, but you can not see them (pretty awkward).
    6. Three time out of the four times, no one showed up in the conference call.
    7. Fourth time as well no one showed up but latter on weekend they directly called and asked me, is it right time to talk ( I was in half sleep ), and started the technical interview.

Based on the interview it felt like he just wanted to make sure I actually worked somewhere. I told him I have my W2 to prove that. After that no communication.

Lesson Learned: Do not entertain Infosys in case you are looking for job. There are plenty of opportunity out there in the market.

Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wipro (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Phone only - they were nice but it showed they knew little about the targeted projects. They replied very fast with an offer that seemed to be really urgent. But then rescinded the offer when their "customer" abandoned the project.

Interview Questions

• What I know about the project subject - in details - and a review of their own requirements.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for more money.

Business Development Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Irvine, CA) in April 2014.

Interview

I was interviewed through my campus recruiting and career fair. The initial interview was set up right after the career fair for 4 days later. I was interviewed by the global campus recruiter and a business manager. The campus recruiter was very personable and I could tell that he knew what he was doing. It was a behavioral interview that was more about me. Each question that I was asked was triggered by my responses to the previous questions. They did not have a specific set of questions that some companies use, like counting down a list. The other person in the interview followed suit and was asking questions to see what I was about. They were more interested in whether I was a good fit for any particular industry that they were hiring for than just trying to get through a list of questions. All of the days interviewees were also put in a room for a group case study.

I am currently waiting to see if I made it to the 2nd round of interviews.

Interview Questions

• The most interesting question was, "What is my definition of a challenging job?". Also, "Why did you stay at your last job so long (4years) if you did not like it?"   Answer Question

Information Security Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (El Segundo, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

Worst interview and HR experience ever. I'm in US for last 13 years and worked for big companies like Microsoft, T-Mobile. I never saw this unprofessional, rude and demeaning behavior from any HR staff . They have no idea what they are talking about. Most of the HR is in INDIA. I think they should take some training class to get awareness of US culture. In one panel interview, one of the indian guy asked me my marital status and number of kids. The HR was completely unprofessional and several times in the process made me wonder why I was wasting my time with them. I had quoted a salary at the beginning of the process but was in the end offered $30K lower than what I'm earning. I talked to 2-3 Wipro current employees and ex-employees to get their opinion, they asked me to not walk but run away from Wipro. HR and management is worst. No respect for employees working and no benefits at all except base salary.

In the interview process, they were always late 15-20min for the call. There was no professionalism. One of head of security, he called me 2-3 times after I decline the offer, i had no idea what he was talking about. There was no business sense or professionalism with the interviewer. I asked several questions about their security practice growth and what's WIPRO plan is for next 2-3 years. They didnt have any answers to my questions. That led me believe that this is not the company I'm going to work <period>

Position was in Southern California to manage one of the their client in El Segundo.
    In the beginning they had my current compensation. Currently I'm working in WA state. I asked them to match my current salary in WA to CA market rate. As you can see, $100K in WA is $120K in CA but Wipro came back with less than what I'm earning in WA state. Beside Wipro is NYSE listed company and they are not offering ESPP or any stocks for FTE employees. They were low balling on the offer and I declined it.

Test Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wipro (Irvine, CA) in July 2013.

Interview

2 Technical rounds and all set
    I had to went for 3 HR rounds due to lot of negtiation on package. I was stick to what I wanted and got in 3rd round

Gentran Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2013.

Interview

The people at Wipro tried very hard to prepare me as a candidate for their customer - 3 technical interviews plus a one-on-one with an HR person on thier team. The good things were they followed-up and were respectful. In all ways they and their recruiter Ventures Unlimited Inc. conducted themselves in a professional manner. One thing the two groups can work on is making sure the candidate has the exact customer job description; I say this realizing in my particular case the customer may have not been forthcoming with that set of information.

Interview Questions

• End client/customer has been looking for perfect match and has yet to find it - questions about experience in a number of areas outside of the job description (JD) I was given. These appeared to be crucial to the end customer. With end customer be sure your logistics needs for the in-person interview are addressed, such as best interview day, what your window is on the day of the interview (when will you catch your return flight) where the interview will take place and when it will start. My interview was with a Wipro client in sourthern California. This client changed the location of the interview on the day of the interview and then was not ready to start at the time stated with the result that I missed my return flight. Wipro graciously paid for all my expenses to and from the interview, so the later flight was of no cost to me.   1 Answer

Solutions Architect Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2009.

Interview

HR Recruiter does a primary level review and sets up technical round. If you clear it, then you might be called for 1:1 with Account manager + HR.
    If you clear that too, you will have last round of interview with HR again.

Interview Questions

• Technical - Described an interface problem and wanted to come up with complete solution   1 Answer
    • Managing a complex project - Offshore + Onsite   1 Answer

Negotiation

Relocation and joining bonus