Wipro Network Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 8, 2017

2.8

15 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Denver, CO).

Interview

I had a phone call with a panel four other people. They asked me technical questions for about 30 minutes. The questions were straightforward and I believe that I answered them well. Once they finished, I asked a few questions of my own. I never heard back from them but I was not surprised based on candidate reviews from various websites about the company. Many of those reviews mentioned that Wipro tends to hire people of Middle Eastern descent, which I am not.

Interview Questions

• What command is used to display a configuration on a Cisco router?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)) in June 2017.

Interview

Routing and switching technology rating the interviewer asked and gave two scenarios for routing protocol bgp and ospf and switching protocol vtp and vlan
    Interview is ask only scenarios no theory part

Interview Questions

• seenerios​ on bgp 4 router ebgp and info configuration

scenarios on ospf LSA type scenarios   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)) in September 2016.

Interview

There was an aptitude test it consisted of logical , analytical and technical. Then there was an technical and hr interview. The technical interview was based on coding and networking.

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wipro (Mumbai (India)).

Interview

It took around 7 days I applied through referral. They asked deep questions about networking. They mainly asked from troubleshooting.first round will be technical and another round will be technical. After selection they may take telephonic managerial round.

Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro in May 2016.

Interview

They asked me to come for an interview at Hyderabad location & no gate pass was raised on my name. HR did not respond to my calls. Waited near the security desk for more than a hour & left for home

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hyderabad (India)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Hyderabad (India)) in November 2015.

Interview

First Short listed
    Then Telephonic Technical Round,
    MR and Last one is HR Round.
    MR -- managerial Round -- About the previous Organization
    HR -- Package and other facilities /commodities discussed.
    Duration of the Telephonic Round: 51 mins 40secs

Interview Questions

• Questions were asked based on the Resume and the technical expertise mentioned in the Resume, The interviewer divided the questions based on Switching, Routing, Wireless.

1. What is the VLAN range ( A: 1 to 4094). <br>
      2. Default Vlan (A: Native). <br>
      3. Two vlans named : Vlan 10 and 20, explain the process of the communication between these two Vlans (A: a tricky one, the Vlan communication can be done using the SVI on L2 Devices but better Start with the L3 Devices stating or explaining the Router on Stick Method). <br>

4. Trunk Modes ? (A: Dynamic Auto, Dynamic Desirable, Trunk, Auto). <br>

5. What is STP and why is it used for? (STP: Spanning Tree Protocol and Used for Prevention of L2 Looping). <br>

6. what are the stated of STP? (Disabled, Blocking, Learning, Listening and Forwarding). <br>

7. Explain how a trunk port is configured between two switches? (You need to Explain it based on a example, this happened via Telephone itself :-) ). <br>

Routing:
      8. what is you favourite Routing Protocols? (A: EIGRP and OSPF). <br>

9. Explain FD, FC and AD. (FD: Feasible Condition which means having or selecting the best route to the destination. FD> AD (Feasible Distance > Advertising distance). <br>

10. Metric of EIGRP ( Explain all the K Values of EIGRP). <br>

11. Explain Load balancing for Un-equal cost paths? ( Explain the scenario using the Variance method). <br>

12. Have you ever configured Switches, Multi layer Switches and Catalyst and Modular Switches? <br>

13. What is an Access Point ? <br>

14. What is a SSID? <br>

15. Channels overlapping in the 2.5 GHz? (A: 1, 6, 11)<br>

16. Channels Overlapping in the 5GHz? <br>

Switching Again :

17. What are the Different modes of VTP? (Server, Client, Transparent and explained the modes). <br>

18. What are the versions of VTP? (v1, v2 and v3... didn't gave a chance to him to ask for another question, as I explained him about all the versions and also the differences). <br>

19. If an administrator makes any changes in the transparent mode, does it effect / advertise the change to the Switches in the network whose topology is as follows: <br>

Sw1 (Transparent Mode) ---> Sw2 (Server Mode) ---> SW3 (Transparent mode)
      <br>
      20. Same question replacing Server mode with Client Mode. <br>

<br>
      Regards,
      Raja Vuttham.   2 Answers

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Noida (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Noida (India)) in March 2015.

Interview

First I got a call from a consultancy. Then a little Telephonic after then u will sent for further interview process. There u hv technical and easy HR Round. If u hv a good knowledge then u will be selected.

Interview Questions

• Basic understand of networking. If u hv CCNA knowledge then it will bee easy for u to crack.   Answer Question

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dehradun (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Dehradun (India)) in October 2012.

Interview

I went through 5 stages of selection process. First - Aptitude test, Second - SA writing, third - Group Discussison, Fourth - Technical Interview, Fifth - Personal Interview. Finally,I was selected and was campus placed from Dev Bhoomi Institute of Tecnology, Dehradun - Uttarakhand.

Interview Questions

• IF they give me a chance to join Wipro, how would i feel?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Mandi, Himachal Pradesh (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

it was like check for the technical skills as well as decision making power what they focused on. after that they go for the document verification process and authentication of person.

Interview Questions

• why your salary expectations are so low?   1 Answer

Network Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ahmedabad (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Ahmedabad (India)) in April 2012.

Interview

call from company
    arrange interview
    technical interview
    HR interview
    selected

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no to negotiate