Wipro Project Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 20, 2017

2.8

637 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chandigarh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Chandigarh (India)).

Interview

The first round was an aptitude test, which was of good level. Next was a technical interview followed by a HR interview. All the above mentioned rounds were elimination rounds.

Interview Questions

• Q) Explain the project that you've worked on in your 6 weeks training.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Totally three rounds were there. Written, Technical and HR rounds. Aptitude and vocabulary checks took place in the first round. In the second round, I was asked to write a program. HR round was easy and it was based on the nodding of head for company policies and rules. I would like to point out that, it is the interview process for freshers!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself. OOPS concepts. Database concepts. The questions were based on the resume prepared by the individual.   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Interview

Wipro Star Hiring Interview Experience:-

Prologue:-They conduct an aptitude test,which has quantitative aptitude, verbal aptitude and data interpretation. One has to clear the sectional cutoffs to reach the coding round. The coding round had one coding question which was a very easy one. You were supposed to transpose a matrix, the only catch was that you are passed the pointers to the values so the matrix had to be created using dynamic allocation.

Interview:-There were two panel members (P1 and P2). This was supposed to be tech-cum-HR interview. I was the second last on the panel and my interview lasted for about 45 minutes.

P1:- Tell me about yourself.(The usual question but you have a chance to control the interview from the beginning itself, don’t let it go)

Me- I’m this.I’m that.( all the regular stuff). I come from a non-coding background. But having participated in many hackathons,workshops and training I have an inclination towards this area. I have always seen the code as the small questions given, I want to see it work in the real time projects.

P1- So you’re from Chemical Engineering. What makes you think we’ll hire you for this job? Why a coding job and not chemical engineering?

Me- I started coding from class 9th, the basic HTML. Then 11th and 12th C++ and data structures. Finally, here I participated in some hackathons and developed some apps too.(This was the second time I said hackathons,caught! Later on, they gave me a tough time on this.)I have done good in both chemical as well coding. But coding comes naturally to me and instead I have to put a lot of effort to be even an average guy in Chemical. So I just want to follow my heart and it says I have to go for a software job.

P2- (Laughs) What if your heart says after 6 months,let’s go back to chemical?

Me- Maybe it will.But it did not say this for all these years,I’m sure it won’t say it now.

P2-So, tell me what is this TEP? I’ve never heard of this before.(I had written about the TEP program by ISB)

Me- Told about it and what I learned.

(He was perhaps searching for it on the internet :p then he asked me why others did not have this on their CV, to which I told there were about 40 students enrolled,may be none of them were the part of interview)
    P1- So how do the devices communicate?

Me- They are connected over the same Wifi. Samsung gave us the JDK which was used for this.

P1- Okay,so here you used the samsung interface.Tell me about a project where you have coded from scratch.-(Told about the Code Fun Do hackathon) I developed an app based on the famous game, Logo Quiz. I redesigned the app as logo timer quiz where one is supposed to tell max number of logos in a fixed time.

P1- Which language did you code in?Explain me the code.

Me- I coded in HTML and PHP. I basically used a table and put an image in each cell. Each image had a hyperlink to it. Random function was used to bring different images in the table each time. If the right link was clicked as the name displayed, it’d add to your score else the game would be over.

P1-So tell me, you have a client and a server here. How do they communicate? What happens when you click the link?

Me-(Blank face) HTTP kicks in and ….(lost it here)

P1-I’ll give you a hint.I’m asking for the two methods of HTTP.

Me-(yeah !) The GET and the POST methods.

P1-Tell me the differences between them? When would you use POST?

Me-GET takes query string from the URL so if we are sending useful info using the URL anyone can tweak things, this makes GET method more vulnerable.(Not sure if I was right or he was satisfied)

P2(Now starts)- So you said you’ve worked on C++ and not on Java. What if I give you a project and the client has specified it to be in Java only?

Me-Do I have a time bound?

P2-Yes,2 Weeks.

Me-Since Java is not my forte,I’ll do what I’m good at.I’ll learn as soon as possible, taking help of my friends and other resources and then finish the project.

P1- So, tell me why do you want to join Wipro?

Me- Sir, a lot of software companies come on our campus for hiring but there’re only few which give us the opportunity to learn.Besides Wipro has diversified and global business so I’m expecting a plethora of opportunities.

(Then they tried to convince me for going to US for MS. I gave my reasons for not going doing so.This went on about 5–10 minutes)

P2- Okay,great. We’re done, any questions?

Me- What is it different about Wipro which only insiders know?

P1-For a entrepreneurial and learner like you Wipro will have always have the right group to help you learn.You’ll get to do things where you will have plenty to learn.

Interview Questions

• P1- Which language did you code in?Explain me the code.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Anantapur, Andhra Pradesh (India)).

Interview

I was a campus recruit and hence not much technical questions were asked.
    There were 3 rounds of interview:
    1. Written Test - It was easy (Aptitude, C language and English questions)
    2. Technical Round - A discussion to check your confidence on what you have learnt and questions of your resume
    3. HR Round - A simple discussion just to confirm your details in resume

Interview Questions

• What topic are you proficient in subjects you have learnt and explain any one of the topic?
      How do you see yourself in 5 years?
      What do you expect from the company?
      Why did you choose this field even though you are from Electronics background?   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dehradun (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Dehradun (India)).

Interview

Campus hiring and this was a normal process aptitude test then technical interview and then HR .
    45 min of technical interview with question related to both CS and my stream EE.

Interview Questions

• Normal question like tell me about your self. And basic concepts of oops.   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I interviewed at Wipro in November 2016.

Interview

It was a on campus interview. There are few rounds such as GD,Apti and HR. I cleared all the above rounds. Questions were easy. The interviewers were very friendly. It was very good experience.

Interview Questions

I was not able to relocate at that time.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

written was conducted by AMCAT.
    In technical round, linterview was one on one and lots of questions were from DBMS,java (as i have mentioned in my cv)
    In hr , normal questions were asked like tell me something about your place, tell me something about yourself

Interview Questions

• difference between delete and truncate?
      what is normalization?
      Given a query to write   Answer Question

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chennai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (Chennai (India)).

Interview

Be thorough about your resume.Be clear about your project and the concepts that you have applied.technical difficulties faced during project and about platform.algorithm if any,about your project Be positive.Be prepared with self intro.the interviewer asked about extra curricular activities and whether I was ok with relocation.

Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

The recruitment process consist of 3 rounds which includes a GD round, an aptitude test and interview. The interview consist of 2 rounds, a technical and an HR one. The technical one is pretty easy as they check basic coding aptitude of a person. They may ask you about linked list and other data structures. They may also ask you about the different type of programming language you know off.

Interview Questions

• Implement Circular linked list
      Computer network
      What are pre-processor headers in python?   1 Answer

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wipro (Bengaluru (India)).

Interview

4 rounds were there
    1.Written test
    2.Essay writing
    3.Technical round
    4.HR

Technical round went very nice..interviewer is so cool and made me comfortable....nearly 2 hour it took for technical....I was asked questions on my college project, C ,C++ programming...Technica interview questions will be mostly on the position they are hiring for.... it's better to know about the position they are looking for before itself.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Package is fixed for fresher's.We don't have any option for negotiation.