Wipro Interview Questions in San Jose, CA | Glassdoor

2.7

16 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wipro (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied to the company website directly and was asked to attend a phone round first where the manager briefed about the job description and enquired about my profile.
    in the second round, I was asked to appear in person where the panel grilled me on what I have done so far in my career, to managing a big team, project estimations, challenges I faced, how to manage risks, how to manage stake holders, how to deal with stubborn resources etc.
    the thrid round was with a senior manager where he only asked about my previous work.

Interview Questions

• Have you got experience in managing teams in different geographies.
      how do you manage a team where everyone are individual contributors who doesn't like to be interfered on a daily basis.
      what challenges have you faced in managing a big team of 100 people
      what needs to be taken care while estimation of a 6 months duration project worth 5 million   Answer Question

Senior Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (San Jose, CA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was called promptly for the interview. Had 2 rounds of technical interview and then one client interview. The process was fairly faster. Interviewer covered all areas in SAP which were relevant for the job requirement.

SAP LEAD CONSULTANT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mountain View, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Mountain View, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

They made me waited for an hour before the project manager came to interview. Obviously the recruiter and the project manager did not communicate well. It turned out that he actually wanted an interface expert instead. We were both disappointed at the end.

QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wipro (San Jose, CA) in September 2016.

Interview

I wet through the phone technical interview. The HR took time to schedule the interview - about 1.5 weeks just to schedule the time. The interview itself wasn't too difficult, but needed a great focus and knowledge.

Big Data Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Sunnyvale, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

First was a Skype interview I had with someone who always wanted answers in his own point of view. Then I was called back a month later for the customer interview where there was a phone round with the wipro person working at the client location before the actual visit. Then I was called to the client place where there was no schedule and I was made to wait a whole day for their call. Then there were 2-3 people from wipro itself where they were trying to analyze my skills and trying to fit me into some of the positions they had. After 3-4 hours of discussion I was home after they said I would have to come back for the client interview. Then there was no response. When I followed up with the HR she said I haven't cleared the customer interview which I never had. Also the way they ask the questions is like a kind of interrogation, they always question you with a suspect that you haven't really worked and made up something. If they really have to test your professional skills they could ask intelligent questions in a much professional manner.

Senior Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wipro (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

I had a group video interview where we discussed a seemingly meaningless topic. In the next interview I spoke with a HR recruiter, followed by a Senior Manager in India. He ended up being the Account head for the delivery role I would be on. After this call, they were happy and told me that I received the job and just had to speak with HR head to work on offer. After that, they told me that there had been a change in rules and I have to video interview before I can receive an offer, so I spoke to another manager who was on-site via skype. After this went well, they did not get back to em for sometime until I followed up with them several times. Finally they told me that I would be receiving an offer again, when I was able to chat with the HR head. This HR person was a bit intimidating and seemed to want to scare me away from the position. Nevertheless, it went well and I was sent an offer shortly after that call.

Tech Lead Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (San Jose, CA) in January 2015.

Interview

Interviews at Wipro is good and great technical/management skilled recruiters. Wipro is well Organized skilled with Interview panel. I myself interviewed multiple people where it has standards to resume the output

Interview Questions

• As a Team Lead whar will be your roles   1 Answer

Solution Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (San Jose, CA) in November 2014.

Interview

One of the worst interview I have given ever in my 9yrs of exp. No one joined the meeting/conference call on time. Then one of the interviewer called me on my mob asking me if I we can talk after 20mnt of scheduled PST time. Then they started asking same developer level questions from java - horrible !!!!! Java collection and all.. not a single question on any pattern or situation driven...not any thing... then I understood they are just looking for developer not an Architect, though when I asked them they said they are looking for Architect... They were also saying they are looking for person with Open source knowledge, then I thought I will get some good questions and I started pushing them to move in C/C++...But looks like they have never even hard about C++ ;)......So it is quite frustrating experience for me.

IBM Tools Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wipro (San Jose, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Organized by a 3rd party provider who proxied through Wipro Technologies. The hiring party was contacted at the end customer and that person conducted the interview. Questions were based around personal background covering the specialized IBM Tools I was to support as well as my overall experience with software development and testing. Additional questions were raised around my qualifications in networking and TCP/IP as well as networking protocols and transports.

Interview Questions

• Questions regarding my background in the software I was supporting.
      Familiarity with networking as this was the end customer core business.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wipro (San Jose, CA).

Interview

Mail from recruiter, call with hiring manager and F2F. Not sure why I was called in for a F2F if the result was that "my profile does not match the current requirements". One of the hiring manager attempted at getting details on revenue of current portfolio more than two times, once I told I will not divulge the details, the third time I plain lied!! No matter what I do, I protect my integrity and so should wipro .
    My resume will not magically change only because Wipro picked me for an interview. Also all fitment questions could be checked during the phone interview.

Interview Questions

• Not difficult , but crazy questions and rapid fire round in F2F. For a salesperson rapid questions is a cake walk !!   1 Answer