Wipro Technical Lead Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Aug 2, 2017

2.7

71 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Applied through Dice.com
Process involved 4 steps:
1. Pre-screen with the recruiter
2. Telephonic interview (completely technical) with the Wipro manager
3. In-person interview with the client manager (panel), again technical
4. HR interview

The whole process took around 2 months, including H1B transfer.

Interview Questions

• All technical questions about WPF, WCF, Entity Framework etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wipro

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro in July 2016.

Interview

Three Rounds of Technical Interview
    One Round with Client
    One HR round

Mainly checked on Java, Spring, Hibernate, Database and related skills.
    One coding exercise, a skype interview and 2 telephonic discussions followed by one client telephonic discussion

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

2 technical and 1 hr round. First two technical rounds had good technical questions and questions related to project management skills. Hiring process was quick and fair. They took time to come to a conclusion in salary discussions.

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

Good but slow. 3 to 4 rounds including the HR discussion. Minimum 1 skype session and a technical question/answer type round. Must negotiate on salary and Sign on bonus etc.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You have to be very stubborn and advocate yourself, otherwise there is a very good chance of you being astoundingly under paid

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Initial communication through a job portal. After that applicants needs to fill up their resume details in their job/career portal. They will do the initial screening and shortlisting for a written test. After the written test there will be first round of interview on technical skills. Second round will be from HR focused on reason for change and assessing soft skills as well as salary negotiations.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to join to Hyderabad location ? It was a valid question as my hometown is near Delhi and Hyderabad is approx 1600 KM down south of India.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I got more than I asked for, may I should have asked for more and that's my suggestion.

Technical Lead Interview

Interview

First of all, all interviews gave you very short notice. And the processes were very pushing: asking for personal information and say they will start checking background, even BEFORE interview was conducted.

I had a Skype interview with a Wipro HR representative in USA in the final step. At the beginning, I told him that I can see you. He said "I can see you. You don't need to see me". What a rude attitude!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Not a chance to negotiation. For me, salary was pre-set.

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (New York, NY) in May 2013.

Interview

All basic questions about the past projects. interview was not tough but okay for my knowledge.

But it could be better for the position. They just asked basic questions and that is no where related to project that im working on.

Technical Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wipro in December 2012.

Interview

1 round of technical and 1 client round interview. Interview was not much into technical. In general kind of discussion where they asked which tool are you working on and how to collect the requirement from business.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (New York, NY) in January 2012.

Interview

Applied online. Was contacted by a recruiter, gave all the details along with Salary expectation. Interview was scheduled and no one called up. Called back and the interviewer called back to reschedule it the next day. Some technical, some lead questions. HR interview started, Roles , benefits discussed and then comes the salary part and then typical Indian IT company answers " we don't have the budget" , " there is an upper limit to this" blah blah... Got offer, lower salary then current one. A joke in itself.

Two weeks after HR discussion, the HR said "we are still working on it". the client interview happened. 3 telephonic and a group interview at client side. After 1.5 months , Final Result: Gave offer which I accepted initially, but then again it lead to no where. No communication, utter unprofessionalism. HR says something and then backtracks. Manager is busy somewhere else. No communication between HR and manager. They just want your billing and don't care about you as a person. I had heard some bad things about them, but experienced it in short time.

From my experience, if a company takes more than 1 month to just finalize the offer at client locations , then their process is the worst in the business. Companies actually are at their best when they recruit someone. Once you have joined then the worse happens. IF this is their best side , then I hate to imagine the worst side.

Interview Questions

• How long have you worked as lead   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (New York, NY) in April 2011.

Interview

Straight to the point, very candid, and not to much pressure. The questions were very specific and a lot was based upon my previous experience at other companies. They told me about work environment and what to expect.

Interview Questions

• My experience at previous employers   1 Answer