Wipro Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 5, 2017

2.5

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Confidential Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Very inefficient and slow process with no clear idea of what they want. It is no surprise then that even after 20 odd years of existence in IT Services area, they keep making the same mistakes and provide an arguably poor Quality of service on every account which leads to poor customer satisfaction and erosion of cost savings anticipated by the customer. Management is rife of corruption and lacks ethics.
    Finally their way to keeping share price up is by cutting off bonuses and salaries, making people work twice the contracted hours, use unethical tactics to block promotions and force layoffs. HR and Recruitment department is mostly alcoholic guys and party girls.
    Just few people in company that always perform or do the rescue work.
    Won't recommend to anyone unless you are desperate and like slavery.
    The current employees would be better off doing a mass strike to shut the lights off till their salaries and designation is brought to right level. Remember the power of unity. The company and few people in it who keep you down can't survive if you stop working.

Interview Questions

• mostly personal questions and hints at how many extra hours they expect you to work.   Answer Question

Scrum Master Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wipro (London, England (UK)).

Interview

I applied for the role via linkedin, was invited for an initial phone interview, then another phone interview with a business analyst and a final skype interview with a director

Interview Questions

• Basic interview questions about the requirements of you role and your contributions as a scrum master, nothing too dificult   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wipro (London, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

A recruiter from Wipro called and sent me the job description, then booked a face-2-face interview.
    He didn't give me the name of the person I was seeing so I had to wait 1 hour by the reception as they wouldn't let me in without a name.
    The interviewer has a long list of technical questions, many of which he admitted the pointlessness.
    I never heard back from them but another internal recuiter contacted me after a month. When I told him that I had been there for an interview already he also disappeared.

Interview Questions

• Lot of basic Java questions, hibernate, spring. Had to solve two simple tests (reverse a string)   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (London, England (UK)) in October 2016.

Interview

45' Min call from a Senior manager, pretty technical. Then a MD interview to deep dive more in detail. Very interested in certifications and credentials.

HR engagement very poor; just randoms emails with no subject asking for availability with 1-2 days in advance. Very unprofessional and no interview feedback provided

Interview Questions

• Draw a Target operating model; Process management structure; agile methodology explanation   Answer Question

Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wipro.

Interview

Skype interview. No structure to the process. Unclear interview timings conveyed. I had to wait for 1 hour after the conveyed interview timings with no one on the other side of the call. It was postponed the next day and the same happened again next day. Finally, when it happened: Complete irreverence shown whilst I was asked questions. I was laughed on my previous experience by one of the two managers who interviewed me. The questions were mostly out of scope to the position, I was interviewed. Speaks a lot about their current situation in the market and low employee satisfaction rate. Probably that is why the revenue margins are also down.

Sales Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wipro in April 2016.

Interview

I don't know how they ever hire anybody. I dropped out after 2 months (4 interviews, a 2 hour written assessment). I still don't know the title and/or role of the position. HR just gives me the runaround and never sent a job description. Everytime I thought the end was near, there was another step. When asked for an overview of the process, it was more of the same. No transparency whatsoever. In fairness, the people I interviewed with were all mart/ nice people, but none have authority to make a decision. Absolutely, the most ridiculous from of bureaucracy I have ever experienced. A total waste of several hours of my life. I cannot even imagine the day-to-day life. I dodged a bullet.

Sales Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wipro (London, England (UK)).

Interview

1. phone screen 2. Manager interview 3 Online Psychometric test 4. Head of business 5. HR head 6. face to face again with manager to confirm the offer. Towards the end the hiring manager's fickle mindedness came into play and he decided against my candidature citing frivolous issues. Absolute waste of time , money and efforts . Don't think the departments are synched up and they can sometimes just waste time without any clarity of what they have in mind. Immature first time people managers with a rather shambolic interview process doing more harm to the brand.

Consulting Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Wipro (London, England (UK)) in September 2015.

Interview

Extremely frustrating - applied via an employee referral - HR took over two months of email ping pong to organise first interview - I would respond the same day and hear nothing back for a week or more and then same request to come in the next day or day later without confirming my availability. Eventually met the hiring manager for an interview which went well and he referred me for a second interview with the department head (his boss) - a total of 11 emails sent to HR with only 3 responses always saying they are "trying to secure a date" with the department head. After THREE MORE MONTHS I gave up trying - if this is the way they onboard people then I'd hate to know how they run the company!!

Interview Questions

• "How do you deal with ambiguity?" - this is obviously an issue on the company if they ask it during an interview ...........which I don't mind at all - I can deal with it, but this much during the recruitment process meant that my perception of their competence as an organisation needs to be called into question.   Answer Question

Senior Alliances Role Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at Wipro in June 2015.

Interview

An approach was made to me by the internal Wipro recruiter in July 2015. I responded with my CV and answered detailed questions on sales targets, achievements over a 7 year period. After 6 weeks a response was made to have a telephone discussion. This happened 10 days later. It was conducted on a VOIP connection by the recruiter in India - the line was terrible and made it hard to hear and understand. A good response from the recruiter a few days later with more questions. A follow up interview was set up for the hiring manager at Wipro for two weeks hence. The morning of the telephone interview this was postponed via email from the recruiter. To date no response or new date and this has been four weeks now. I have chased twice and now crossed Wipro off my potential employer list. Complete rubbish

Recruitment Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Reading, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wipro (Reading, England (UK)) in December 2012.

Interview

Too slow in interview process. After telephone interview had to be persistent in asking for feedback on next step, then received an answer after 2 weeks to schedule interview and the interview was scheduled after 3 weeks of persistence. Total process took 40 days.

Interview Questions

• What percentage of the sale margin does the sales manager get as his bonus and profit? Explain in detail about the sales deals?   1 Answer