Want a Free Job Posting?

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

A Recruitment Role, Exact Seniority of Which Was Undetermined Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

The process took a week. I interviewed at Wireless Generation, Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) in March 2011.

Introduction was made by a headhunter who described the role somewhat differently than was the actual case. Following that conversation, I was put in touch with the head of HR who did a phone interview. Following that, another phone interview was held with the head of recruitment. A face to face interview was scheduled which consisted of meeting with those two folks plus two staff recruiters (those two were at the same time). The visit took under 2.5 hrs. The topics were more about creative tactics used in previous firms rather than recruitment skills. Some discussions were about technical knowledge, but mostly only about their tech stack, not general knowledge. Overall I think the company has a noble product but my general impression based on all the conversations was the department needs serious work especially at the very top. There seems to be little vision, only scrambling to try to meet heavy hiring goals. When departing the interview, an agreed upon date for follow up was made. Since then there's been no word back even though I followed up with several of those met with. Unfortunately that's all too common but only reinforces the poor impression of their HR department.

Interview Questions