Wireless Generation, Inc. Operations Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wireless Generation, Inc. Operations Analyst Interview Questions

Interviews at Wireless Generation, Inc.

1 Interview Review

2.0

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Brooklyn, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Generation, Inc. (Brooklyn, NY) in September 2011.

Interview

A technical recruiter at a staffing firm made first contact via email, which included a brief job description. A few additional emails were exchanged to further describe the position and to setup a phone discussion. A phone interview was then arranged with HR at WiGen. This was a brief discussion that included a simple 10 question technical quiz, which is meant to weed out people who aren't even close to be qualified.

Next came a phone interview with the hiring manager. This discussion was a two-way exchange of information. The manager asked questions about my background and experience and I was able to ask about the company and position.

The final stage involved traveling to the company for an in-person interview. The recruitment firm requested a meeting prior to the interview. This meeting was somewhat of a stress test as they asked a lot of in-depth technical questions. The actual interview at WiGen was much more pleasurable. It was the best interview I've ever experienced. It was more of a conversation and I felt completely at home. The hiring manager first asked me to write a couple of scripts to parse some XML data. Then I had to analyze some server performance charts generated from their actual monitoring system. One of the Unix Admins was then brought in to ask some additional technical questions. I was then given a chance to meet some of the other employees when the hiring manager took us to lunch. I had an offer two days later. Overall this was a great experience.

Interview Questions

• Write a script to parse N data from files X, Y, and Z in directories A, B, and C.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate a slightly better salary, but the initial offer was fair. My advice for others would be to verify what other companies are paying for similar roles and use that information to base your negotiations. Also be sure to reiterate how you can go above and beyond the responsibilities of the position based on the job description.