Wireless Wave Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wireless Wave Interview Questions

2.3

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wireless Wave

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wireless Wave in November 2015.

Interview

Wireless Wave has a two-part interview process, the first is with the Store Manager and an Assistant Manager, the second is with the Store Manager and the District Sales Manager, after which they will call you usually within a day or two if they're offering you a position. As somebody who has now progressed through the company and conducts interviews myself as an Assistant Manager, I can tell you that everyone is extremely friendly and casual.

The first step of the interview process is mainly for the purpose of simply getting to know you. Every manager interviews a bit differently, but for me, I'll often ask some ridiculous questions in an effort to make you feel more comfortable and to try to get to know your personality. I've heard that we're similar to Apple in the sense that we have a culture and we care more about who you are than what's listed on your resume. For example (since this is anonymous), in my last round of interviews we turned down someone with 10+ years of sales experience and hired a guy with no experience whatsoever because he wowed us during the interviews and we believed in him.

After the first round of interviews, generally 3-5 people are selected to move on to the second round with the District Sales Manager. This is a much more formal and professional interview where the DSM will ask you much more situational-based questions to get to know your work ethic. While the decision to hire you is ultimately based on that store's manager, the approval from the DSM is key to the decision to hire you.

Important things to note:
    - BUSINESS CASUAL! Dress shirt, black dress pants, tie, dress shoes, groomed facial hair, etc
    - Company only hires full-time. It is a commission-based environment, which means it's pointless for you to work there if you're never there to sell.
    - apply at one store and every store nearby will also see you and may call you (this includes TBooth and Wireless Wave)
    - company cares more about your personality than your experience

Interview Questions

• Any time off required in the next 90 days?   1 Answer
    • How much do you already know about our company?   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time in your work history when you were trusted with something confidential.   1 Answer
    • Tell us about a time when you were required to take a leadership role.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Sales Representatives are entry level and thus have no ability to negotiate, however opportunity to negotiate does appear frequently throughout your employment.

Sales Reps make minimum wage hourly, plus a very competitive commission. Working at one of of the lowest performing stores in the country as a Sales Representative, you can expect to make around $40,000 a year. So obviously there is huge potential to make a lot of money.

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Halton Hills, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wireless Wave (Halton Hills, ON (Canada)) in October 2015.

Interview

Applied online, via Indeed. Received a phone call back from store manager in regards to an interview. Interview held in busy food court next to diners. Interviewer seemed stiff and robotic. Interview seemed to be more based upon fielding employee loyalty vs. product knowledge. I have interviewed and worked at many wireless companies throughout the years, and this was one of the least personable managers I have encountered.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Wireless Wave.
      How do you stay motivated during slow periods.
      Will you be moving or going to school within the next 6 to 8 months.   1 Answer

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wireless Wave (Vancouver, BC (Canada)).

Interview

You have to know your cell phone plans as you will be questioned and given a few scenarios at which point you'll need to come up with a proper plan. Otherwise it's mostly regular questions like, what's your best skill? Describe a customer service experience. etc.

Interview Questions

• What do you need to work on?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Can't negotiate wage I'm afraid.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wireless Wave (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in July 2013.

Interview

Was very professional. The manager interviewing was well dressed and very well spoken. It was challenging but also at a very comfortable manner. As long as you are confident and articulate, you may get an offer. It is important that you can express yourself and deliver the concept but to always remember not to get stressed. At the end of the day, everyone wants to interact and hire a human, not a robot.

Interview Questions

• took a pen out of his pocket and asked me to sell it...   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Burlington, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wireless Wave (Burlington, ON (Canada)) in May 2012.

Interview

The interview was performed in the foodcourt in the mall. two managers were present to interview me. I was asked a lot of honesty type questions. Mostly revolving around loss prevention. overall a good interview process. They are aggressive in the interview process to see if you can handle the type of environment you will be exposed to.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to sell the pen they were using to conduct the interview   2 Answers

Sales Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Mississauga, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wireless Wave (Mississauga, ON (Canada)) in February 2012.

Interview

2-3 interviews

1st - Loyalty , personality and sales interest questions
    2nd- waste of time
    3rd- Waste of time

OH AND YOU HAVE TO KNOW SOMEONE TO GET AN INTERVIEW 90% OF THE TIME

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Straight up Base salary and commission is based on your sales . You have to work really really hard to make commission if you dont work at a busy location