Wix Interview Questions in Israel | Glassdoor

Interviews at Wix

3.1

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

phone interview, home assignment, another interview about at hour- personal and about my work exprience with HR and after recommendations from previous jobs. the home assignment also requires building a simple site and answer some customer service questions and

Interview Questions

• what is Thinking outside the box for you and give examples, bulit a site   Answer Question

Frontend Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)).

Interview

Things are dirty the deeper you dig…

I was asked to do a home test which took about 4 hours

Then a technical interview with 2 guys which took another 4 hours - a different day

Then an HR interview which took about 1-2 hours - a different day

I was asked for references.

The recruiter called and said I was rejected. No more information.
    I thought at the time I probably didn’t qualify technically.

She also added she called a reference.

Up until that moment I had a good impression about their process.
    But something about her voice was “off” so I contacted my references.
    That good impression I mentioned ... didn’t last long after that.

They did not receive any calls.

Why ask for references If you’re not going to use them?
    Why state you called a reference when you didn’t?

Fishy.

I asked to inspect my data which they allowed by forcing me to come physically to their office, refusing to provide a printout and refusing to let me take a screenshot. They had me copy it by hand.

All this while they allow their users to download an archive of their data with the press of a button.

I was under the impression this was the first time they received such a request. The recruiter kept asking me if I was recording the conversation and if I intend to file a lawsuit.

I can’t say I blame them.

It turns out both their technical interviewers thought I did fine on the technical tests.

One of them actually wrote there was something “Fishy” about me. I guess that’s how you say “I don’t like the guy” in Wixian

The other technical guy thought I had too many previous jobs.

The recruiter thought it was weird that I was deeply concerned about my privacy and also believed I would have issues with “fitting into their culture”. I can’t say why because that part was missing from the report. Too fishy for their palate would be my first guess.

They had weird categories with a numeric score but would not explain what they mean and how they determine the score. I couldn't deduce how related they actually are to working ability.

Things like:
    - Wix factor
    - Star potential
    - Team Inspiration Multiplier
    - Wix Success Predictor

They also had another category called
    - Would you like to see them again?
    I suspect “Fishy” people don’t score high on that one.

They also had on file a previous application process.
    It was such an ancient application I had forgotten about it myself.

I will never work there.

Interview Questions

Wix Response

Nov 22, 2020 – Wix Team

Hello! We are aware of your case and we've conversed with you in private in various channels in the past, so this would not be the right place for us to open the conversation again. We're sorry that this was your experience, and we wish you good luck in the future.

Fullstack Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wix.

Interview

The interview was quite good. both of the interviewers seemed nice. they didn't really let me think when I needed it but I don't think they meant to interrupt my flow.

Interview Questions

• Warm up questions:
      1.question about implementing a function using Currying.
      2.state what an async code with timers and promises will print. 3. some questions regarding the js ecosystem.
      4. a question on checking if a path exists between 2 cells in a matrix, then asked to change the implementation to support returning the path   1 Answer

Nov 21, 2020 – Wix Team

Whoa! Noted your comment about interrupting your flow 😄 Thanks for sharing from your experience and we're happy it was a positive one. Good luck!

SEO Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wix.

Interview

It was an excel spreadsheet with data and you need to come up with insights for the first round of interviews. They were fast to get back to me though which is always appreciated.

Interview Questions

• analyze an excel spreadsheet and create visual data to explain what you found.   Answer Question

Nov 21, 2020 – Wix Team

Hi there, we're sorry to hear you didn't have a positive experience. It wasn't clear from your review where we missed the mark on your experience, and we'd love to learn more about it. If possible, we'd appreciate it if you could write to us in confidence at people-feedback@wix.com so that we can keep on improving our processes. Thanks!

Backend Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in November 2020.

Interview

I was asked about myself and about my work history.
    Then they describe the company and the job description.
    I was asked some architecture questions about designing Twitter.
    At the end I had time to ask some questions about the company.

Interview Questions

• I was asked some architecture questions about designing Twitter.   Answer Question

Nov 29, 2020 – Wix Team

Hey, welcome to Wix! We're so glad to have you with us!

Writer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wix.

Interview

The interviewer was nice and friendly . The interview took about a half an hour. It started with information about the position and later on included questions about me as a candidate.

Interview Questions

Wix Response

Nov 21, 2020 – Wix Team

Thanks a lot for commenting! We hope it turned out the way you were hoping for 🤞🏻

Data Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wix in October 2020.

Interview

3 sql questions and one in python on codility environment
    after a phone call.
    the test environment allows only PostgreSQL queries.
    this fact wasn't mentioned in the conversation before the test.
    It's very challenging to take a test using a language you're not familiar with without knowing in advance.

Interview Questions

• Q1 - Elevator problem, easy.
      Q2 - Cookbook problem, medium.
      Q3 - game winners table, hard.   1 Answer

Oct 11, 2020 – Wix Team

Hey there, and thanks for the time you took to provide this feedback. We can imagine that not knowing this in advance can make you feel uncomfortable during the exam, and we're sorry to hear that this was your experience. We'll definitely note this, and learn from it to keep on improving. Best of luck to you! 🙌🏻

SEO Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wix (Tel Aviv-Yafo (Israel)) in October 2020.

Interview

I originally applied for another position (and I passed maybe 5 interviews for it) but at the end, the manager told me that she thinks I would be a better fit for another position: SEO Manager.
    A new manager reached out to me for the SEO Manager position and I obviously had to start the recruitment process from the beginning:
    Quick phone interview with a manager.
    Home assignment
    2 hours interview with the manager (including a live test).
    Phone interview with the director or the growth department.
    1 hour interview with HR.
    After a very long process (something like 10 interviews) I can definitely said that it was worth being patient and working hard on the interviews because I got in!

Interview Questions

• Home assignment:
      Conduct a SEO strategy on a given Wix page.   1 Answer

Nov 21, 2020 – Wix Team

Welcome to Wix ☺️ Sometimes we meet super talented candidates, and if we can't offer them the position they applied for we try to think of other relevant positions that can be a good fit for them. So yes, the downside is a new process that takes more time. But the upside is that we get to be working with you ❤️ We really appreciate the time you put into this and your dedication to the process. We're so happy it was fruitful.

Data Developer Student Interview

Interview

The progress includes 5 stages (during the coronavirus): 1. a test you need to do at home (includes 4 questions, 2 in python and 2 in SQL). 2. an interview with the head of the department ( asked some questions in SQL). 3. an interview with the head of the product you are assigned to. 4. another interview with someone from the company that I can't remember. 5. hr.

Interview Questions

Wix Response

Nov 21, 2020 – Wix Team

Hey there. Thanks for your informative review, we're happy this was a positive experience for you. All the best 🙏🏻

Data Developer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at Wix.

Interview

I had a home quiz with 4 questions on Litcode platform. 2 question in SQL and 2 questions in Python.
    SQL questions:
    1. Create a query that brings back a table of the people that can get in a elevator according to there weight (famous question and can be find in the internet).
    2. create a query which coordinate import and export of countries (famous question and can be find in the internet).
    Python questions:
    1. input: a integer, output: the number with an addition of the digit 5 between the other digits of the input in order to increase the number as much as possible. for example:
    123 -> 5123, 670->6750, -2->-25.
    2.input: a integer, output: all the numbers from 1 to n separated lines, and if the number divides by 2 so a word should be printed instead of the number, if by 3 so another word in if by 5 than another word. if a number is divided by two or three of these numbers (2,3,5) the output of that number is the word concatinated

Oct 1, 2020 – Wix Team

Hello! It's so nice to see the experience you had was good. Seems like you have a great memory 😊We appreciate your review!