Wm Morrison Supermarkets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wm Morrison Supermarkets Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

2.3

Checkout Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

Interview

Recruiting posters outside the store, so went and got the application form, filled it in and returned in in the Friday. Deadlines for applying was the following Monday, and that Monday morning I received a phone call asking me to attend an interview 2 days later.

The interviewer was really friendly. I had to fill in a checklist while I waited. The questions were about personality, and the answers were along the lines of 'like me' or 'not like me'. In the interview the interviewer asked me why I chose the answers I did, and was asked to provide examples ( I used situations in my current job as evidence).
    Then I was given a picture of onions and asked to talk about them for 30 seconds to sell them to her.

She was mainly interested in my availability (weekends, evenings and early mornings).

Cafe Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

Interview

Fill out an application form, if they like what you put, then you are invited to a face to face interview. Follow-up telephone call to offer the position if successful.

Interview Questions

• Showed me a number of products they sell, and asked me to choose one and tell them how I would promote the product.   Answer Question

Jun 8, 2017 – People Specialist - Resourcing

Great to hear you had a positive experience and accepted our offer. Welcome to Morrisons

Anonymous Interview

Interview

assessment centre involving various individual and group exercises

The process for all of our graduates schemes starts with a short online application followed by a series of tests, interviews and an assessment centre.

Interview Questions

Wm Morrison Supermarkets Response

Sales Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kendal, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets (Kendal, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Easy interview - process took a couple of days. Had a 1 to 1 interview. Had to fill out personality quiz then interviewer asked me about my answers. Had to sell her a product, then we discussed flexibility, previous job experience & the skills I thought made me suitable for the job.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Morrisons?   1 Answer

Logistics Graduate Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Outwood, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets (Outwood, England (UK)).

Interview

Online Application
    Video Interview
    Assessment center- interview, role-play, presentation and group assessment

Incompetent external and internal HR recruiters. They extended the application deadline after running 6 weeks of assessment centers without informing any candidates. They could not offer any feedback for the day, so I had to put in a special request that will take an extra couple of weeks to receive. They are not great with communication, you have to constantly chase them up for an update or for feedback.They also do not cover your expenses, so bear that in mind if you are traveling from far and need overnight stay.

Retail Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ months. I interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

Morrisons Fit test
    Application
    Critical capability test
    Video interview
    Assessment centre- this stage involved 3 stages that was based around group exercise, 1-1 presentation and a formal 1-1 interview with a regional people manager
    Final Interview - talk with a graduate at a store and another 1-1 interview, this takes place at a Morrisons store

Interview Questions

Wm Morrison Supermarkets Response

Checkout Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Gamston, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets (Gamston, England (UK)).

Interview

I was brought upstairs to the back office and interviewed by the store manager. It was very relaxed and laid back. I was asked why I want to work for Morrison's, how they differ from other companies, and to name a few of the initiatives that they have. I was then asked to describe / sell a product to the interviewer to assess my ability to promote items.

Interview Questions

• Try and sell to the interviewer a product picked from a random selection of cards. e.g. I had to sell them an orange.   Answer Question

Graduate Marketing Scheme Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets.

Interview

I applied for the Graduate Marketing Scheme. I completed the written answers and video interview stages. The video interview in particular was not particularly well organised: the questions were very generic about your personality, and this did not allow for a discussion of your knowledge of Morrisons or how your degree makes you suitable for the role. I can understand HR wish to save money on the scheduling of in-person interviews, but this process is not particularly accurate. I did not feel this was a fair representation of what I had to offer.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of the most difficult thing you have had to overcome in your life.   1 Answer

Manufacturing Graduate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets (Bradford, Yorkshire and the Humber, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

There was an online application, personality test, video interview, then assessment centre which consisted of a group exercise, 1:1 interview and unseen presentation (which you had 1 hour to prepare for on the day) - I was most worried for this part but I didn't need to be. Typical assessment centre.

Interview Questions

• HOW did I prepare for the day?
      How have I found the day so far?   Answer Question

Colleague Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Wm Morrison Supermarkets (Swindon, Wiltshire, South West England, England (UK)) in March 2017.

Interview

Asked to fill out multiple choice statement questionnaire before interview. I had to choose 1 of 3 options for each statement. (1, exactly like me, 2, somewhat like me, 3, not at all like me). 1:1 interview. Relaxed feel. Interviewer was friendly, smiley, reassuring. Told me a little about Morrison's. The interviewer went through my statement choices and asked me to explain why I chose what I chose. After this the interviewer said I could relax while she told me more about the contract/working hours/pay etc. Overall the interview process was very friendly (Swindon) so don't be too nervous. The staff that I encountered were lovely.

Interview Questions

• Asked to talk about my multiple choice answers in more detail. This technique allowed them to gauge my experience, outlook, attitude etc.   1 Answer