Wolfgang Puck Catering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 23, 2017

2.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at Wolfgang Puck Catering

Marketing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolfgang Puck Catering in March 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got a request for an interview a couple of weeks later, I went into their building and met with several people at once. They each had my resume and basically went through it with me. They didn't seem overly excited about the department or company, stressed that the work would be more than typical 9-6.

Server Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wolfgang Puck Catering (Dallas, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Met up at the location and went over basic duties and my resume. Really great atmosphere, the interviewer was very nice and they were knowledgable about their area. Didn't feel rushed or pressured.

Interview Questions

• Have you worked in the high class restaurant industry before?   Answer Question

Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolfgang Puck Catering (Bellevue, WA) in January 2016.

Interview

I was asked to show photos of my work. A female chef asked me to recite how to prepare recipes from memory. She seemed to be overcompensating for her lack of experience by asking "tough" questions. The other chef seem to be attempting to reel her back.

Sales Interview

Interview

Two interviews and a background check. It was an informal process but felt like it was a great fit and the team seemed extremely professional. It did take a long time to receive an offer after 2 great meetings and basically an on the spot offer. It was a worth the wait.

Bartender Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Wolfgang Puck Catering (New York, NY).

Interview

Behind the scenes catering company, some pros and cons.

Interview Questions

• Why are you a good fit for this company?   1 Answer

Cook Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolfgang Puck Catering (Dallas, TX) in August 2013.

Interview

Found the job through Craig s list. They were a bit slow to respond both before and after the interview. I came out of the interview positive, but didn't get a call back for weeks, and had pretty much given up. They are only quick if it suits their needs.

Interview Questions

• Pretty straight forward in the interview. Everything was up and up, with no surprises.   Answer Question

Cater Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolfgang Puck Catering (Chicago, IL).

Interview

It was very informal but very specific. I went in and spoke to the manager in charge and she had me come in the next day for a party.

Negotiation

The wages are set on stone for someone at the beginning.

Executive Chef Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wolfgang Puck Catering in August 2011.

Interview

They do in-person interviews where the Regional Chef flies into town to meet you. You'll definitely do a stage to show you have what it takes to make it with WPC. Make sure you plate something delicious and beautiful - if it looks like it came from the 90s, don't bother.

Interview Questions

• The questions aren't difficult - these aren't Ivy-League educated people. But they will critique your dishes, so make sure they are flawless.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They don't negotiate - their first offer is the only offer.

Barback Interview

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wolfgang Puck Catering (Philadelphia, PA) in January 2011.

Interview

Friendly and quick. Experience required. Met the interview in person. I was referred by a friend. I had previous experience so there weren't too many questions.