Wolseley Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wolseley Interview Questions

2.3

Operation Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wolseley in February 2016.

Interview

The interview process was smooth. My interviewer asked about past work experience, but also wanted to know more about me as a person, my family, and personal interest. The interview was more like a friendly conversation. I was also given a lot of information about Wolseley and how company operates and its benefits.

Sales Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolseley (Charlotte, NC) in October 2008.

Interview

One on one interview. Given a tour of the facilities. Overall pretty easy

Management Interview

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wolseley in April 2007.

Interview

Met the company at a job fair where there was a pre-screen with HR. After that there was a 1:1 with Regional HR and a reference check. After that there was a 1:1 with Market-level management and finally a 1:1 with District Manager.

Open email communication with the regional HR manager that I was working with.

Perceptions were good, everyone was a straight-shooter and there weren't any of the 'interview games'.

As with any job interview -- be confident, be prepared, prove that you want it.

Interview Questions

• How will you gain respect from people in the industry considering you have no experience in it.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I was able to negotiate relocation costs -- the company already had a decent package but the tailored it a bit for my specific needs.

Shipper/Receiver Interview

Anonymous Employee in Kelowna, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolseley (Kelowna, BC (Canada)) in August 2016.

Interview

We met in an office, I was given a tour before the interview, very casual and comfortable. Asked the usual questions. Nothing tricky going on. I wore dress pants and a button down shirt, no tie. He asked maybe 15 questions.

Assistant Branch Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dundee, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolseley (Dundee, Scotland (UK)) in July 2016.

Interview

Usual competency based phone interview. I was successful in getting through to the next stage, however I was called and told "there's been internal interest for this role, we will update you next week" - still waiting on an update after chasing this up (2 weeks after call).

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you've coached an individual to achieve a target   Answer Question

Assistant Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wolseley (London, England (UK)) in December 2015.

Interview

very quick and to the point held at branch level with Local Branch manager..Some test questions on procedure and products.Also past experiences at other companies.Very relaxed atmosphere.I was questioned on my outlook and future plans and where I intended to go with this company. The whole interview lasted for 1 hour and 20 minutes , At the end of the interview I was offered the position ans salary I requested .

Interview Questions

• How many years in the plumbing trade and with which companies.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wolseley in July 2009.

Interview

I interviewed for a sales associate position at a showroom. The interview was held with the regional manager and the showroom manager. They asked me general questions, what would make you a good sales associate? can you handle high stress situations? etc. Then it moved on to more of an explanation of salary and commission. Would you be fine with commission making up part of your salary? etc.

Received an offer the next day and accepted.