Wolters Kluwer Writer Analyst Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.5

2 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Writer Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Riverwoods, IL) in March 2009.

Interview

I initially applied on their website. I received an email confirmation and a telephone call from the HR contact person, who informed me of the salary and asked me when I was available to interview. When I came in, I interviewed with the managers, who asked me questions about my resume and why I was interested in the company. I then took a writing test.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wolters Kluwer

Writer/Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Riverwoods, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 9+ months. I interviewed at Wolters Kluwer (Riverwoods, IL) in July 2008.

Interview

I applied for the position online at the company's website and heard nothing. About 6 months later, I was contacted by their in-house recruiter through Career Builder. So, I would definitely post on career builder in addition to applying at the company website. First there was a phone screening and they asked me if I would be ok with the lower salary (I took a pay cut to change fields because of the recession). The in person interview was brief and relaxed with just one person. I was asked how I would handle a disagreement or difficult situation with a co-worker. I answered that I would just be nice and not make a big deal out of it and try to smooth things over. that response seemed to be good. Then there was a test where I was given a tax court case to read and write a memo about it, in about 3 hours. I needed all of that time and very carefully proofed it. They like a very simple and direct writing style. Avoid legalize. After a few weeks I heard nothing. Finally, I had another offer and I called the in-house recruiter and told her I had another offer. I then got an offer from CCH within 1 week. The process was very slow.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a difficult situation with a co-worker?   Answer Question
    • Are you able to accept a salary lower than your last salary?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was no room to negotiate. I asked but nothing happened. Seems that the salaries are very set, per budgets.