Wonga.com Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Wonga.com Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 18, 2017

3.6

BI Analyst Interview

Interview

In 2016, I applied for this position and was shortlisted for an interview after a telephone one. Thereupon, I was informed the recruitment process was postponed and would restart after Christmas. To my shock, I was told afterwards my application was rejected! Despite politely asking for some feedback, they kept me in the dark by stubbornly withholding this. They wasted my time and energy preparing for the interview, yet would never want to be treated that way, highlighting their double standards and the fact they are not worth working for. In case you don't know, they are notorious for their recent data breach, affecting THOUSANDS of innocent customers. Is this an employer you would seriously want to work for especially when there are better ones? Be sure never to seek employment with these unprofessional bunch as they are worth nothing.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about us?   1 Answer

Social Media Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wonga.com (London, England (UK)) in May 2016.

Interview

Initial phone interview to gauage interest, suitability and requirements. This was conducted by the HR department of the company

Providing portfolio of work pertaining to to role advertised. When reviewed, I was invited for a face to face interview in the company's office in London.

First stage office interview with hiring manager: Friendly, informal discussion that put me as a candidate at ease.

A second interview with managers was scheduled, but unfortunately due to funding issues the vacancy was cancelled and the process ended there.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wonga.com (London, England (UK)) in June 2015.

Interview

After several messages with a recruiter, I had a phone call with a developer. He asked some general experience questions and some technical questions. Then they sent me a programming test which took a few hours. Finally I went to their office for a morning-long interview with some pair-programming exercises.

Interview Questions

• They asked me to refactor some of the code I'd written for the programming test.   1 Answer

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wonga.com (London, England (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

An initial phone screen, in which they ask about your motivation, interests and hobbies. If you clear that, then there is an online Kaggle test for the second round. You are given 4-6 hours to complete the test and revert back. If you get an acceptable score, there is another technical phone interview where you talk about what you have done in the Kaggle test and some other general Machine Learning questions.Finally, if you clear that , there is an onsite 5-stage interview with the lead developers and analysts in the company. It is technical and HR combined. They test your thought process, how would you approach a problem and solve it using Machine Learning algorithms and models. An insight into the company's decision models and what they do is very helpful to stay ahead for the interview.

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions related to credit scoring and how to test the customer's authenticity. You should think of the possible ways to test if a customer is fraud or not prior to attending the interview. Like which Machine learning model you would use, how and what could be a better model , what kind of customer data would you need etc.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wonga.com (London, England (UK)) in March 2013.

Interview

4 rounds meeting future team members and CFO
    - Phone interview with HR
    - 3 follow-up interview with future team memebers
    - Business case presented to a group of people including Head of department
    - final interview with CFO

Interview Questions

• Prepare a business case
      usual questions about experience and to assess fit
      Answer Question

Decision Science Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Wonga.com (London, England (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

Technique interview with some basic bayesian model, asked some thing about database. but they are more interested in machine learning skill rather than traditional credit modeling skill. Some senior manager will discuss with you about your thoughts about the company, any questions about the company. They also requested you to do some kaggle competitions to show your data science skill, which seems quite useful

Interview Questions

• What is your weakest thing? Some question about machine learning models   Answer Question

Decision Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wonga.com (London, England (UK)) in October 2012.

Interview

First step was a Kaggle test followed by a phone discussion about the task. After this, usually 1 or 2 face to face interviews with other member of the team.