Wood Group Interview Questions in Aberdeen, Scotland | Glassdoor

2.9

8 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wood Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in August 2014.

Interview

The interview questions was more of technical question and also question from your CV. The questions comprises the specific task you are going to carry out in the organisation. You will have to explain every word in your your CV. I was asked to give a general overview of my self, then from there they will start asking you technical questions relating to your CV and the job description.

Resourcing Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in June 2014.

Interview

I worked for WGPSN and found another role within the company that I wanted to apply for. Applied through online portal and had an internal candidate interview with recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time when you have had to deal with a difficult situation and how you resolved it?   1 Answer

Graduate Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in February 2013.

Interview

1. Online application
    2. Online assessment
    3. Telephone Interview
    4. One-to-one interview
    5. Assessment Centre

Despite the number of stages, the process was relatively quick and straightforward. It was a very relaxed and professional atmosphere which reflected well on the company's employees and they were very open and approachable.

The number of stages reflects the number of applicants and the standard of applicants. The process is very rigorous to ensure that the top candidates go through to the assessment centre.

Project Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 12+ months. I interviewed at Wood Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in January 2013.

Interview

done through an agency, process seemed to just die after second interview

Mechanical Engineering Graduate Scheme Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wood Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)).

Interview

Online Application and Phone Interview at the second stage

Interview Questions

• Not unexpected questions at all. Actually, since you had a good technical project or an internship the VP of the engineering department will ask you some technical questions. Personally, i believe it is for him to get a grasp weather you have some knoweldege and you are not writing lies to your CV.   Answer Question

Offshore Production Chemist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in September 2012.

Interview

HR representative present seemed very naive and almost out of their depth. Did not appear comfortable and read questions from a template questionnaire. It was mostly a "box-ticking" exercise.
    Senior Production Chemist was very good at making you feel at ease.Technical questions from Senior Production Chemist were very specific and would easily highlight someone's inability to complete simple tasks.

Interview Questions

• Name one thing that you hate about your current job   1 Answer

Structural Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wood Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in July 2012.

Interview

The interview process is made of one assessment day. During the assessment day there are a series of tests that are carried out. The day starts with a presentation on the company and presentation and then moves on to a group exercise, a personal presentation that you were told to prepare when notified of your successful application for the interview, a skill test testing your technical skills (discipline specific) and finally an interview with manager and HR where you get both personal experience and “fit” questions as well as technical questions.

Project Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group (Aberdeen, Scotland (UK)) in April 2012.

Interview

Initially contacted by recruiter, who passed on my cv. Phone interview in first instance, approx 45 minutes long. A mixture of technical, situational and behavioural questions. Quite informal, was asked to give examples and explanations. Also asked about salary expectations. Plenty of scope for me to ask questions. Asked for face to face interview a week later. Interviewed by Hr representative and manager. Questions again were mixture of technical, situational and behavioural. Also had job role explained fully, offered lots of career progression and education opportunities. Given tour of facility, and introduced to several key people in business. Interviewers were very keen and interested in me. They picked through my cv and asked for specific details about my previous work. Initial impressions of office was good, everyone seemed friendly, and they seemed genuinely interested in what I had to offer.

Interview Questions

• This computer mouse is broken, how do you fix it?   2 Answers

Negotiation

Having been advised of salary range by the recruitment agency, and the salary I was currently receiving, I placed my bid halfway in the advised range. The offer came through just below the higher end of the range.