Wood Group Mustang Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wood Group Mustang Interview Questions

2.3

Superintendent Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

It was back in the good old days with Global Performance/Mustang Engineering, before being acquired by Wood Group. I walked in and introduced my self and the reason I was there, handed my resume to the manager in charge and I didn't give them a chance to say anything. I gave them a good and professional presentation and they hired me on the spot.

Interview Questions

• When can you start, (my resume said it all)   1 Answer

Negotiation

Quick

Instrument Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX).

Interview

1st- Interview at school. 2nd- Met with management and other engineers. Heard back within a few weeks. Be yourself and be honest. Pretty straight forward process. Friendly staff who want to get to know you. Become familiar with the company and be ready to have lots of questions.

Interview Questions

• Do you have any questions about WGM that you would like to have answered?   Answer Question

Interview

Already working in the London offices. Relocated to the US and started working with same company. It was mere conversation and familiarization . With some technical discussions on my past experiences. It was more of narrating the past projects I worked on and the roles I played.

Records Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

Initially got an email asking if I wanted to be interviewed for this position. After accepting the interview, only one interview was conducted in the office you will be working at. Questions were behavioral and straight forward, fairly relaxed environment. Afterward you wait to hear back, and they will tell you if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• General questions, tell me a little bit about yourself, what are your strengths and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Senior Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tulsa, OK

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Tulsa, OK) in August 2014.

Interview

One interviewer asked me if he could meet flash point spec on a crude column without using steam (i.e. heat only). Told him unlikely due to Partial Pressure effect. He said that is what he was finding out on his simulation. Learn to think under pressure. I know it is not easy.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

I was living and Canada and it was a series of phone interviews with several directors. I talked to 3 different directors one on one. It was a combination of reviewing my work experience and telling me about the Company.

Interview Questions

• The nature of the projects I had worked on and my roles on those projects, I was queried about customer relations and focus on management skills.   1 Answer

Project Controls Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX).

Interview

Referral by existing employee who was well respected. Initial interview was casual. No technical questions or questions regarding work experience. Mustang values the opinion of existing employees who are good performers and referred candidates are not as thoroughly vetted as someone who submitted a resume through a job board or who is an unknown.

Interview Questions

• very casual interview due to referral of existing empoyee   Answer Question

Senior Pipeline Mapper Interview

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Katy, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

He knew me so it was just a formality. When could I start and what salery I needed. I accepted and he proceeded to describe what my responsibilities would be. We chatted about old times and did I know anyone else looking for a mapping job. We shook hands and we were all set.

Interview Questions

• Would I be willing to be the project lead rather than a checker.   1 Answer

Process Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wood Group Mustang (Houston, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

As an out of state applicant, the interview process consisted of a resume and transcript review, and a series of brief phone interviews. Showing a continued interest in the company was very important. After receiving and accepting an offer for the internship position, a drug test and background check were performed.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to relocate?   1 Answer

Pipeline Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wood Group Mustang.

Interview

One group interview with VP and engineering Directors. Very little questions but lots of explanation about company and services. I followed with many technical and HR-type questions for them which helped a lot.

Interview Questions

I accepted a better offer at a different company.